RUNNING WITH RIFLES has just gone golden! We have officially left Early Access, and we wholeheartedly thank all the alpha and beta phase players for the past 4 years. We received a lot of encouraging feedback and great suggestions that helped us make RWR into what it is today, unlocking a wealth of potential that was in there since the very early days.
RWR is now available in Steam with a 15% discount at price of 12.74$ / 12.74€, so go grab your copy now! Don’t forget to try the demo first!
Beta 0.99.9 was released during the weekend, and with it we wiped the Official Invasion and Dominance server player profiles as promised – yay, everyone got to start from Private again! Was both funny and great to watch 40 players, old and new, fight through the maps without any of the high impact equipment for a change.
We also transformed the main menu background map into something more of a playground, hoping it’ll help newcomers to experiment with some of the mechanics and keys to make it easier to get started with the game.
Being practically 3 days away from launch (April 2nd!), the demo has been updated to 0.99.9 as well featuring single player quickmatches in Keepsake Bay map. Download demo in Steam or directly from the demo page.
After 4 years of intense development with the last 12 months on Steam Early Access, Modulaatio Games is proud to announce the 1.0 release date for RUNNING WITH RIFLES.
Next week we’ll release our last beta version 0.99.9 (wanna bet on 0.99.9.1? ) and on April 2nd 2015, RWR 1.0 will be released in Steam and Desura!
Today we are also introducing the new cover art for the game, in an attempt to prevent any further confusion of the game being a 2D sidescroller for children
IMPORTANT: For the next release we’ll perform global profile resets on the official Invasion servers, which means that your profile will still exist but you’ll loose your XP/RP and stashed items. This means that you have 1 week to burn your RP and use your stashed rares
For 0.99.8.2 change log, check out the forum post here.
Gonna keep the blog post tight this time, but first take a look at this fine moment of bots doing the riot shield train!
In this weekly update we tackled the following issues:
- AI: fixed driving with long and slow vehicles occasionally being detected stuck in perfectly open road
- AI: new dialogue and comments added
- campaign: fixed koth maps not respecting faction multiplier settings
- rewards: fixed kill combo bonuses not working in online anymore
- rewards: fixed rounding errors with +1XP/RP rewards
- items: default item drop counts set back to 50% from 100%
- items: fixed item duplication exploit when stunned
- weapons: fixed several cases of character getting stuck when aiming and shooting close to self
- vehicles: fixed far away vehicles getting saved in incorrect orientation
- vehicles: added hint_text support, to be used in playground / tutorial
- dominance: squad “xp cost” reduced to enable squadmates earlier
- dominance: various settings and map tweaks
- scoretable: fixed score sorting in xp score mode
- scoretable: fixed correct text to show for total / match stats when opening it after closing it as match stats
- menu: official dominance server list added
- menu: cleaned up server list entries from showing up momentarily when switching between server lists
- modding: added possibility for different bullet trail effects
- modding: added possibility to remove the default muzzle smoke effect