It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 53 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 169

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 am 

Im too stupid to figure it out, does anyone know?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

There isn't much documentation out there how we've done the fonts so it's a perfectly valid question, you're not stupid to ask about it :)

I'm not sure what you're working with, but maybe the following leads you onto the right path. It's something I told someone who wanted to add more Chinese letters for his mod.

Quote:
You'll need BMFont http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/, ImageMagick https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php and http://home.modulaatio.com/shared/cn.zip. cn.zip has process.bat which uses convert.exe from ImageMagick, you may need to adjust your path environment variable to locate it or edit the bat to include the path to ImageMagick installation folder for example. process.bat also uses bmfontconvert.exe to create a fontdef file.

Unzip cn.zip to media\packages\vanilla\fonts so that there's a cn subfolder. In BMFont use Load configuration on chinese.bmfc file, then Edit - Select chars from file and pick the translation file(s) you have edited - BMFont adds the missing glyphs to its font configuration. Then use Save bitmap font as.. and replace chinese.fnt file. BMFont recreates the fnt and chinese_0.png files. If you also get chinese_1.png, it means all the glyps didn't fit one bitmap, so you'll need to tweak the font size settings in BMFont to make them fit the bitmap. Repeat for chinese_outline.bmfc. Finally run process.bat - it will copy new fontdefs and create the various bitmaps.

Depending on what you're doing, you might only need bmfontconvert.exe from cn.zip there. bmfontconvert.exe is a simple tool to generate fontdef by giving it font def filename, font name and the font bitmap filename as parameters as seen in process.bat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:29 pm 

pasik wrote:
There isn't much documentation out there how we've done the fonts so it's a perfectly valid question, you're not stupid to ask about it :)

I'm not sure what you're working with, but maybe the following leads you onto the right path. It's something I told someone who wanted to add more Chinese letters for his mod.

Quote:
You'll need BMFont http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/, ImageMagick https://www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php and http://home.modulaatio.com/shared/cn.zip. cn.zip has process.bat which uses convert.exe from ImageMagick, you may need to adjust your path environment variable to locate it or edit the bat to include the path to ImageMagick installation folder for example. process.bat also uses bmfontconvert.exe to create a fontdef file.

Unzip cn.zip to media\packages\vanilla\fonts so that there's a cn subfolder. In BMFont use Load configuration on chinese.bmfc file, then Edit - Select chars from file and pick the translation file(s) you have edited - BMFont adds the missing glyphs to its font configuration. Then use Save bitmap font as.. and replace chinese.fnt file. BMFont recreates the fnt and chinese_0.png files. If you also get chinese_1.png, it means all the glyps didn't fit one bitmap, so you'll need to tweak the font size settings in BMFont to make them fit the bitmap. Repeat for chinese_outline.bmfc. Finally run process.bat - it will copy new fontdefs and create the various bitmaps.

Depending on what you're doing, you might only need bmfontconvert.exe from cn.zip there. bmfontconvert.exe is a simple tool to generate fontdef by giving it font def filename, font name and the font bitmap filename as parameters as seen in process.bat.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 am 

did you can help me too
I am going to translate from English to Korean.
but i don't know way of font and fontdef i have ImageMagick, BMFont but i can't download cn.zip(i think link broken) please help me and way of the make font, fontdef too

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:50 am 

MarsCrow wrote:
did you can help me too
but i don't know way of font and fontdef i have ImageMagick, BMFont but i can't download cn.zip(i think link broken) please help me and way of the make font, fontdef too

Hey MarsCow,

can you join Discord and PM me (JackMayol#1084) ?
We already experimented with Korean and I even have a good chunk of a Korean translation from someone who unfortunately didn't continue with it. If you are interested you could continue with what he sent me? Our plan would be to implement Korean officially to the game

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:11 am 

JackMayol wrote:
MarsCrow wrote:
did you can help me too

Hey MarsCow,

can you join Discord and PM me (JackMayol#1084) ?
We already experimented with Korean and I even have a good chunk of a Korean translation from someone who unfortunately didn't continue with it. If you are interested you could continue with what he sent me? Our plan would be to implement Korean officially to the game

I was lucky to hear the good news.
i was a problem in the fontdef section and the progress was stopped.
JackMayol#1084 has a samurai to say all friends requests. You'll have to ask them to add you.
It can't be added here and I think you should. My discord ID is MarsCrow#3289 However, it may take some time to check directly due to time zone difference.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:05 am 

I can't add you if you don't join the RWR discord...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:41 pm 

now i join the official RWR discord you can find me