It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 37 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 20

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Luck of Duck wrote:
Phone app + web service? Like twitter - the user just cant write messages, all messages are from bots. And after the event is over - message get deleted from service. Like "Homer Jay is Streaming Simpsons - Bart vs the Space Aliens" message gets botted in when Homer starts streming. If im following Homer Jay my (device) would receive the message from the site, and would sound the non intrusive/obtrusive nuclear meltdown alarm combined with sub diving alarm combined to crying children alarm on full blast and would not stop until user gives the minimum 256 bit entropy password to it or until Homer stops the stream and message get automatically deleted.

Eh?

EDIT:

pasik wrote:
Right, push notification system, that's the scenario I'm describing of course.

Reading whole post? Who the f does something like that? I for one will never start something stupid like that!
(I should learn to do that one day....maybe)

Exactly. Not sure if it would help in the end after all, the problem would then be to create major phone platform specific apps and somehow connect to their notification systems.. Not that I know much about this stuff anyway, haven't really had an opportunity to familiarize myself with it.

Or, using something like this http://www.pcworld.com/article/2046551/ ... tions.html one would get at least Android and iOS covered..

Quote:
Mobile Push is compatible with Amazon’s own Device Messaging platform as well as Apple’s Push Notification Service and Cloud Messaging from Google. Notification messages sent to a mobile endpoint can appear as message alerts, badge updates, or even sound alerts.

One million free notifications each month should be enough for some time.

Just stumbled on something related that Google Chrome comes with a desktop notification system. Apparently Firefox has an extension for the same API. Unless I'm mistaken, the browser can create alerts that appear on the desktop, not just inside the browser, well, as long as the browser is running. And who wouldn't have a browser running nearly at all times? A piece of javascript can be added into the browser's notification system tracking for something, like periodically checking on a file in web and checking when the content changes to something specific, and at that point launch the notification.

Too bad now the platform problem just shifted to browser space :D. At least it would be cross platform. "Warning: Currently this API only works on ChromeOS and Windows. " ...

Looks like Chrome has something even bigger in plans.. http://blog.chromium.org/2013/05/rich-n ... hrome.html. Hmm, does this mean I have to consider to start using Chrome now?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:26 am 

^ HAHA totally thought this was a spam post and was about to report it :P

ComJak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:37 am 
Site Admin

ComJak wrote:
^ HAHA totally thought this was a spam post and was about to report it :P

ComJak

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:06 am 
Site Admin

WarFrame has a notification system like this: https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts .. used for different purpose, but a notification system nonetheless.

I'm sure there are plenty of twitter apps that can use filters to match with only the interesting alerts and turn those into desktop notifications, no twitter account needed of course.

Main difference to RWRWatcher would be platformlessness, it's possible to set it up on mobiles and PC I believe, potentially re-using applications you already might have for tracking other alert worthy feeds.

Luck of Duck, try hooking this up in Linux in your favorite RSS reader/alert application: http://www.modulaatio.com/rwr_server_li ... server.xml

It's currently set to change when there's at least 1 player on a server, and it favors promoting the server with highest player count.

Seems to work pretty nicely with Feed Notifier in Windows at least, the much I've tried it (3 minutes), just saw someone joining Beerdrinkers.

EDIT: looks like this:
Attachment:
feed.jpg
feed.jpg [ 100.52 KiB | Viewed 152578 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm 

pasik wrote:
WarFrame has a notification system like this: https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts .. used for different purpose, but a notification system nonetheless.

I'm sure there are plenty of twitter apps that can use filters to match with only the interesting alerts and turn those into desktop notifications, no twitter account needed of course.

Main difference to RWRWatcher would be platformlessness, it's possible to set it up on mobiles and PC I believe, potentially re-using applications you already might have for tracking other alert worthy feeds.

Luck of Duck, try hooking this up in Linux in your favorite RSS reader/alert application: http://www.modulaatio.com/rwr_server_li ... server.xml

It's currently set to change when there's at least 1 player on a server, and it favors promoting the server with highest player count.

Seems to work pretty nicely with Feed Notifier in Windows at least, the much I've tried it (3 minutes), just saw someone joining Beerdrinkers.

I should start reading this forum more often... Damit other distractions! Like work! I need to set up a RSS reader now.

EDIT:

Quite RSS at least works, of course with this I need to set up the feed reader my self, by that I mean, I need to specify the update, update rate and sound notification, spec notification window to pop up when RWR feed updates and since Manjaro has philosofy of loading the kitchen sink and nothing more on startup I also might have to add Quite to the boot (dog, help me) (possibly).

So for lazy ass user that is sort of involved task (takes like 3 minutes for a user like me who has never before used this particular reader, or much of RSS readers..) (erm, not including time to add it to the boot conf, I will do that only if I have to)

The highest activity server is good, for me at least because I useally just want to know if there is like 6 people on server, I kind of wat to get there too.

Maybe the feed could annouce highest activity servers for separate match types

I mean the feed would announce:
8 on RWRgoesDayzRussian servers crazy (PVP)
5 on Beerdrinkers (Invasion)

This would be good specially if RWR is going to get more game types. I mean if say someone does not care for deathmatch, but a good team PVP, they would see that there is a DM match is having 15 players, but also that there is PVP going on with 8 players on the same notification. Or that there is just that DM match.

BTW. I took me almost 2 hours total to set up and test this mainly because there was 4 players on Beerdrinkers Invasion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 am 
Site Admin

Luck of Duck wrote:
Quite RSS at least works, of course with this I need to set up the feed reader my self, by that I mean, I need to specify the update, update rate and sound notification, spec notification window to pop up when RWR feed updates and since Manjaro has philosofy of loading the kitchen sink and nothing more on startup I also might have to add Quite to the boot (dog, help me) (possibly).

So for lazy ass user that is sort of involved task (takes like 3 minutes for a user like me who has never before used this particular reader, or much of RSS readers..) (erm, not including time to add it to the boot conf, I will do that only if I have to)

There's also the ATOM variant here http://modulaatio.com/rwr_server_list/p ... r_atom.xml, just so you know, not that I'd actually think you'd use it more likely than RSS, but you never know.

All sorts of different kind of feeds could be added of course on the server, it's fairly simple to add them too, but I'll wait for Steam to happen and to see on what sort of level Steam integration will happen, as if e.g. the server list will be primarily moved there somehow, it'll have impact to this stuff.

I'm personally still using Feed Notifier on Windows hooked up with that same server promotion feed, indeed it helps in tracking when people are gathering for a game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 am 

pasik wrote:
There's also the ATOM variant here http://modulaatio.com/rwr_server_list/p ... r_atom.xml, just so you know, not that I'd actually think you'd use it more likely than RSS, but you never know.

All sorts of different kind of feeds could be added of course on the server, it's fairly simple to add them too, but I'll wait for Steam to happen and to see on what sort of level Steam integration will happen, as if e.g. the server list will be primarily moved there somehow, it'll have impact to this stuff.

I'm personally still using Feed Notifier on Windows hooked up with that same server promotion feed, indeed it helps in tracking when people are gathering for a game.

Well... I will try the Atom feed too. And as I have not previously used RSS, I kindof was not avare of the Atom stuff either. Did not feel the need.

Hopefully Steam people understand why we would need system like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:45 pm 

******** RWR Watcher v1.7 ********

How to install:

unpack the RWRWatcher folder into your game folder in either Steam, Desura or your
standalone installation and launch rwrw.exe.

Changelog:

v1.7

- extending max servers
- modified player limit setting
- implementation of the interface to Steam
- minor bugfixes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm 

Please redownload. The version number is the same but the server list has been moved to a new location since 0.99.2.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:11 pm 

^Ahhhhh... it's been behaving funny. Okay... I should have guessed and checked here sooner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next