It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 39 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 43

All times are UTC

Post subject: Multiplayer Issue
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:04 am 

I was trying to play multiplayer with a friend today, but we have run into some issues. When my friend tries to connect to any multiplayer game it says, "connected" then goes to loading screen (black Running with Rifles Screen), then it loads the map, but then he can't do anything. All he can see is the ground with no sounds or activity. The only thing he can do is hit escape and exit the server. I was able to go into the servers just fine and never see his name popping up in the player menu (f1). We checked to make sure we had the firewall disabled and the port 1234 forwarded, but nothing seems to fix this issue for him. SP works fine for him. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Edit: I also tried running my own server to get him to connect to, but we had the same issue. He's running the game from Desura so its up to date.

Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Issue
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 am 
Site Admin

The behavior seems same as the respawn issue where the player's faction doesn't have any spawn points available; the two possible cases are that last base spawn points are locked due to too much enemies at the base or there are no bases at all for the faction anymore. The client currently doesn't know how to cope with such a situation so it's in an undefined state until the client can get a character to control. What makes it worse is that the client needs to try respawning manually by pressing space.

Probably it isn't that, but any chance it could've been about this?

I'd say firewall or port forwarding shouldn't be the problem as it seems the connection is basically fine as the client handshakes ok with the server as it initiates map change properly.

Did you set proper usernames for yourselves, i.e. you both weren't Mr. Green?

You could also try if it works if your friend activates the server on his single player game, and you'd join that.

You guys don't have mods enabled, do you?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 pm 

Well i once had that issue too, but then i found out that i was using the wrong version.
Maybe check your game version.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:30 pm 

No we are not using any mods. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll try to check everything you guys suggested and report back my results. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 am 

Fixed! He wasn't changing his name from the default. Thanks for all your guys help.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:53 am 
Site Admin

All right, that's good news.

Would've expected the game to produce at least an error message from the server with that, sounds something's wrong there then.