It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 53

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta 0.96
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Here's the change log for 0.96. The game should be available in Steam shortly, BMTMicro and Desura after a while.

campaign: added ability to play with any faction
campaign: enemy faction order is randomized
campaign: added campaign mod support and list
ai: added ability to use cover deployment items
mapview: player and vehicle movement made smoother, troops distribution is now visualized as clouds rather than numbers
mapview: squad driver command marker added
mapview: base alert markers are now bigger and centerized
mapview: items are no longer inspected on ground at mouse cursor when in mapview
mapview: AI chat is no longer shown when in mapview, nearby player chat gets redirected to radio message list
scoretable: scroller added
awards: old badge awards are no longer counted, but the notifications are still shown; campaign comes with ranked medals & titles granted by reaching given goals
stats: some new stats added
weapons: added rare/unlock weapons AA-12, Desert Eagle (+gold variation); big thanks to warbrand2 for the models!
weapons: physical recoil of the deployable minigun and MG set to 0.0 to avoid wandering on shooting
throwables: added Claymore mine
targets: added AA weapons emplacement in campaign for enemies, denies air drops for other factions until destroyed
targets: water tank, mortar ammunition crates added
vehicles: minor bullet exposure reduction of soldiers sitting in a jeep (raised the top of the collision mesh by 0.2)
vehicles: mass of the dumpster raised
special crates: removed ability to spot them
chat log: visual improvements
calls: calls now support spawning soldiers from specific soldier groups; paratrooper calls ensure one medic
elite soldiers: accuracy and sight range increased
maps: several minor tweaks and fixes
sounds: a few reworked weapon sounds
particles: slightly reworked particle effects with textured explosion debris
general: larger horizontal panning factor for less wide than 16:9 aspect ratio resolutions
general: a few crashes fixed, mostly related to servers
modding: some ai parameters exposed
modding: grenade based items can be spawned non-activated now
modding: overlay mods can now be declared to take over campaign script handling, enabling overloading campaign with custom logic or other overlays
modding: generic xml command result class added
modding: faction resources command result class added

Post subject: Re: Beta 0.96
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:49 pm 

There is some nice stuff in here!
I love the new map set up, the "clouds" instead of numbers. I think this will help players and NEW players a lot. It definitely gives a much better idea of troop activity and saturation at a glance.
Can't wait to blow myself up like an ass with some claymores!
Chat log looks nice too.

One bug note, but you guys may be aware already. (it's happened before)
There are occasions, and I'm trying to narrow down on when it exactlyhappens, when you die and open the map to respawn, and you are simply unable to close the map. Now with the new patch, you don't seem to be able to "chat" or use any other function. I was able to still move character and blow myself up. But this time it didn't seem to reset this issue. In the past I think I was able to suicide and it would often reset. I was able to quit this time though.

If you guys are aware of this, cool. If not, now you are to some degree.
If I can figure out exactly what causes it I'll try to get back to you.
It just seems to be a matter of timing: when you die and when you open the map at the same moment... I think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Opt_0 wrote:
One bug note, but you guys may be aware already. (it's happened before)
There are occasions, and I'm trying to narrow down on when it exactlyhappens, when you die and open the map to respawn, and you are simply unable to close the map. Now with the new patch, you don't seem to be able to "chat" or use any other function. I was able to still move character and blow myself up. But this time it didn't seem to reset this issue. In the past I think I was able to suicide and it would often reset. I was able to quit this time though.

Haven't seen the one about being completely stuck in the map view, but yea, it's true the map view chat isn't working properly in 0.96; the input speech bubble refuses to show but it still is there, so if you have the bubble open you can type in there, and while you can type in there, you can't e.g. close the map, that's at least one oddity happening in there. Esc should still close the invisible bubble, and then pressing map key should close the map.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:06 pm 

I love how frequent the updates come. This is how early access should be handled.