It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 91

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 am 

Updated to 0.75, AI control in vehicles and AI driving along with new damage system for vehicles introduced.

ComJak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 am 

I wish I read this earlier, today I was trying to figure out how the truck spawning worked. Sometimes it would, sometimes it would haha.

Anyways, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am 

How do you guys push capture points? Specifically, I'm stuck on map 4's north trench. Every time I try pushing I'm either stopped by the grey advance, or a grey or two slips by because the front is so wide that they manage to capture the south trench.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:23 pm 

Savvic wrote:
How do you guys push capture points? Specifically, I'm stuck on map 4's north trench. Every time I try pushing I'm either stopped by the grey advance, or a grey or two slips by because the front is so wide that they manage to capture the south trench.

try to work with the spawn truck to raise the pressure (don't bring it too close to the battle though, as you and your allies won't be able to respawn from the truck). You might also backdoor with the truck and take the enemy in sandwich, might work pretty well sometimes ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 am 

That works until some prick comes along and figures he'll just drive the truck back to our home base.

So yes, keep the truck away from EVERYONE.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 am 

Other people driving away with the truck is the greatest obstacle to using the armored truck right now. It's too bad I can't steal the keys or break the transmission to disable the vehicle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 am 

MattFromElkford wrote:
That works until some prick comes along and figures he'll just drive the truck back to our home base.
So yes, keep the truck away from EVERYONE.

In some situations this IS what needs to be done if your team stole the truck. Your team won't be able to respawn at this truck as it is stolen anyway. Better drive it to a safe place (ie home base if it's not too far away from the heat of the battle as driving through the whole map to bring the truck in safety is a bit of a timewaste) to avoid that the enemy takes it back to use it as respawn point and there the truck is in safety. Destroying vehicles of enemies isn't always a good thing as the AI/human will most likely come back with a new vehicle anyway.
So ya, especially for trucks, it's often better to steal it and bring it in safety.
If you manage to drive the truck to an enemy base, conquering it (truck will then become yours, not "stolen" anymore it's even better of course but depending on the situation this could be very difficult) then of course it's even better.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 am 

Savvic wrote:
Other people driving away with the truck is the greatest obstacle to using the armored truck right now. It's too bad I can't steal the keys or break the transmission to disable the vehicle.

I suppose you are talking about the AI and NOT the human players who are using the truck ?
In the future the player might be prioritized over the AI in terms of using a vehicle. Like you will be able to stop a vehicle and tell the driver to get out and take his place or to take the place of the gunner. But there should also be a method to teach the AI not to move around a parked vehicle (truck).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 pm 

I was talking about friendly AI moving your well placed backdoor attempting truck.

That sounds good, priority over AI is always nice.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:39 pm 

"Updated" to 0.76. No changes made hehe.

ComJak

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next