It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 93

All times are UTC

Post subject: When is RWR set?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 pm 

Ever since I started playing the game I've always wondered what year or era the game is set in. At times it feels like it were set during World War II with all the radio calls and artillery but at other times it doesn't because of APCs and some of the weapons. So who can help me out?

Post subject: Re: When is RWR set?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:37 pm 

think the devs have stated it is more a cold war gone hot time line. Do not quote me on that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 pm 

Mark_262 wrote:
Ever since I started playing the game I've always wondered what year or era the game is set in. At times it feels like it were set during World War II with all the radio calls and artillery but at other times it doesn't because of APCs and some of the weapons. So who can help me out?
Some discussions about:
- http://steamcommunity.com/app/270150/di ... 893066820/
- http://steamcommunity.com/app/270150/di ... 165444528/

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:45 am 

I think that all kind of missed the point about the "time period".
The concept of the game is based on the toy soldiers from the box or tin can or whatever was the package they came in.
With that being said, the time period has to be set somewhere in your childhood dreams, wishes and hopes of your younger self, when you used to play with them toy soldiers. I don't know about you guys, but I still have them....somewhere....in the basement, with other toys???

P.S. And now this brings me to another topic about the game graphics, which is a different topic altogether. Nowadays, kids don't know and don't care about the toy soldiers, which is most likely the main reason for the game's lack of acceptance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:32 pm 

Mark_262 wrote:

US is in Vietnam-'modern/2003' era, but primarily Vietnam as you can see with Rambo, M72A2, Mossberg 500, M79.(modern because of the M16A4, and the female green is wearing MARPAT if i'm not wrong.)

The grays seem to be a Germany-European Union faction, with the more modern Leopard and VBCI(edit: i have no idea what it is, it's a 4 wheeled circular turret.) vehicles, along with the obvious G36(A1?) ...

Browns are cold war.. atleast I want to say(but i'm not that great with the older era's of RU/USSR technology. it's obvious they have the AK47, BTR-60, T-72, ...

ok i'm not exactly sure about graycollars or brownpants, but I can tell you one thing: it's not set during world war II, and artillery still exists to this day.