It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 37 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 48

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

I didn't even play the story too far, I got distracted by something pretty early on and just started wandering. I got bored of the dungeon fights a bit, just too many spiders and draugrs for my taste. Anyway, I loved the open world, and I have to get back to it someday.

Too bad it lacks coop, that would've been sweet.

Added Mount & Blade to my list, can't believe I forgot that one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:56 pm 

JackMayol wrote:
1. Tetris
2. Company of Heroes
3. Warcraft 3
4. Battlefield 2
5. Bomberman series
6. Frozen Synapse
7. Heroes of Newerth

All of those as multiplayer apart Tetris which he immensly enjoyed as singleplayer also I usually can't play a singleplayer game for long as I get bored very fast. One of the only game in Single player I actually finished was Mafia, which was awesome.
Not sure how to place RWR, as it's not done yet. But once it's released as final product it might for sure jump into my top10.

a frozen synapse eh. want to play a match one day?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

Running with Rifles
Arma series
Minecraft
Jagged Alliance series
Hidden & Dangerous 2
Tie Fighter
System Shock series
Stalker SoC
Mount & Blade
Freelancer

Damn, I run out of space and I didn't even get to the adventure games yet. Oh well. Sorry, April.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:06 pm 

joneau wrote:

I played it only a few time right after release, because I didnt have anyone to play with, so you might destroy me. I'd have to investigate into how to play it again, as it has been 2 years since then, but ya why not :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:44 am 

JackMayol wrote:
joneau wrote:

I played it only a few time right after release, because I didnt have anyone to play with, so you might destroy me. I'd have to investigate into how to play it again, as it has been 2 years since then, but ya why not :)

its a bit mess when playing it with android :D (EDIT: of course i have it on pc too)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:26 am 

Red dead is something you can mess with for hours, i find myself putting the drunk cheat on and sticking my character in a pen with a bull and trying to escape and would be yelling "RUN ERMAGERD THIS IS TENSE GO THIS IS SUPER SCARY *gets hit by bull* GERD HALP IM IN A FENCE" id just be giggling

pasik wrote:

Can't wait to get to try Red Dead Redemption, still wrapped in plastic since I got me PS3 2.5 years ago :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:41 am 

A bit of a hodge podge of games going back a long time, and in no particular order:

1: Advanced Tactical Fighter - Amstrad CPC 464: 3rd person flying game that I quite possibly spent more hours on than all the other Amstrad games put together. Downloaded it with an emulator a few years ago and still put about 40 hours into it, lol.
2: Cannon Fodder - Amiga: Doesn't need an explanation, lol
3: Mechcommander 1 & 2 - PC: hated the 1st person Mech games, but loved the RTS game that came out. They were moddable, had community made maps, just fantastic.
4: Warzone 2100 - PlayStation & PC: The best RTS game ever made, end of story. Still play it now on Single Player although there is still an active online community. Made open source so available to download for free, a game I hope gets a reboot sometime in the future.
5: Mafia - PC: With Jack on this one, one of the best SP storylines I have ever experienced in gaming. They managed to capture the feel of the era, the heart and soul of the Mob families, and combined it with a massive open world. As for the last scene, it was just wow, just f*cking wow.
6: Mass Effect 1, 2 and most of 3 (apart from the last 10 minutes) - PC: Mass Effect 1 set up a fantastic universe, number 2 sucked you in deeper and gave an emotional aspect to the game and number 3 then took your heart, held it tightly in it's hands and then shat on you from a great height with the f*cking "Star Child". A lesson on how not to write an ending to a game, and was something that still surprises me at how much it hurts to have been f*cked over like that by so called writers.
7: Borderlands 1 & 2 - PC: A game that offers replayability in both SP and Co-op gameplay like no other. I would have easily pumped in 800 hours to the first one, half that (so far) with the second.
8: The Witcher 1 & 2 - PC: For me, the best RPG in it's genre. It has violence, swearing, boobs and sex. Drunks and whores, racists and Kings. The second one especially, even though it had it's difficulty curve the wrong way round, was a feast for both the eyes and the mind. Also loved how due to the branching storyline you had to give it a second playthrough unless you wanted to miss out on almost half the gameplay and storyline, an incredibly brave decision that made the game just that little bit more special. Oh, and "I'm not mad, I'm just not Fuckin playin ya anymore!" - this game has some of the best writing and dialogue in any form of media.
9: Broken Sword 1 & 2 - PlayStation: Again, games with some wonderful writing that lifted them above the rest of the genre. From trying to find a brush for the Kebab seller to getting past that f*cking goat, it was just genius.
10: Samorost 1 & 2: Two beautiful little point and click games that were obviously made with a lot of love.

Special mentions to Command & Conquer, BF2, BF:BC2 and BF3, Halo, The Dizzy Franchise, Half Life, System Shock, the first Deus Ex, Torchlight 1 & 2, Overlord 1 & 2, World in Conflict, Assassin's Creed 2 & 3 and Syberia 1 & 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:25 am 

{SAS}DocStone wrote:
A bit of a hodge podge of games going back a long time, and in no particular order:

1: Advanced Tactical Fighter - Amstrad CPC 464: 3rd person flying game that I quite possibly spent more hours on than all the other Amstrad games put together. Downloaded it with an emulator a few years ago and still put about 40 hours into it, lol.
2: Cannon Fodder - Amiga: Doesn't need an explanation, lol
3: Mechcommander 1 & 2 - PC: hated the 1st person Mech games, but loved the RTS game that came out. They were moddable, had community made maps, just fantastic.
4: Warzone 2100 - PlayStation & PC: The best RTS game ever made, end of story. Still play it now on Single Player although there is still an active online community. Made open source so available to download for free, a game I hope gets a reboot sometime in the future.
5: Mafia - PC: With Jack on this one, one of the best SP storylines I have ever experienced in gaming. They managed to capture the feel of the era, the heart and soul of the Mob families, and combined it with a massive open world. As for the last scene, it was just wow, just f*cking wow.
6: Mass Effect 1, 2 and most of 3 (apart from the last 10 minutes) - PC: Mass Effect 1 set up a fantastic universe, number 2 sucked you in deeper and gave an emotional aspect to the game and number 3 then took your heart, held it tightly in it's hands and then shat on you from a great height with the f*cking "Star Child". A lesson on how not to write an ending to a game, and was something that still surprises me at how much it hurts to have been f*cked over like that by so called writers.
7: Borderlands 1 & 2 - PC: A game that offers replayability in both SP and Co-op gameplay like no other. I would have easily pumped in 800 hours to the first one, half that (so far) with the second.
8: The Witcher 1 & 2 - PC: For me, the best RPG in it's genre. It has violence, swearing, boobs and sex. Drunks and whores, racists and Kings. The second one especially, even though it had it's difficulty curve the wrong way round, was a feast for both the eyes and the mind. Also loved how due to the branching storyline you had to give it a second playthrough unless you wanted to miss out on almost half the gameplay and storyline, an incredibly brave decision that made the game just that little bit more special. Oh, and "I'm not mad, I'm just not Fuckin playin ya anymore!" - this game has some of the best writing and dialogue in any form of media.
9: Broken Sword 1 & 2 - PlayStation: Again, games with some wonderful writing that lifted them above the rest of the genre. From trying to find a brush for the Kebab seller to getting past that f*cking goat, it was just genius.
10: Samorost 1 & 2: Two beautiful little point and click games that were obviously made with a lot of love.

Special mentions to Command & Conquer, BF2, BF:BC2 and BF3, Halo, The Dizzy Franchise, Half Life, System Shock, the first Deus Ex, Torchlight 1 & 2, Overlord 1 & 2, World in Conflict, Assassin's Creed 2 & 3 and Syberia 1 & 2.

from 1-5 real classics!