It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:30 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 45

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 am 

Heyho,

i'm back from my six-week-vacation. Are we able to texture roofs of buildings, yet?

I'm updating my mod. Panzerfaust is in. Are we also able to add different secondary weapons?

Anything new about capture radius of bases?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:43 am 

Welcome back Petrenko,

the next release has pasik changing something about secondary weapons so I believe after 0.71 you will be able to mod sec weapons.

The capture radius of bases is now determined in Inkscape as the actual box of the base. You can make it as large or as small as you want.

Not sure about roof of buidlings

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

ComJak wrote:
Welcome back Petrenko,

the next release has pasik changing something about secondary weapons so I believe after 0.71 you will be able to mod sec weapons.

The capture radius of bases is now determined in Inkscape as the actual box of the base. You can make it as large or as small as you want.

Not sure about roof of buidlings

ComJak

Secondary weapon support hasn't been worked on recently. The item system revamp will make that area better, but I haven't started with it yet other than on design level.

Building roof appearance support hasn't been worked on either. The last 4 weeks or so has been almost purely dedicated server support implementation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm 

Helas,

i got a couple of questions:

How do layers work now?
And how do decals work?
Also i'm not sure i'm seeing this correctly, but is it possible to add random details on a texturelayer?
If yes: How to?
Also is it possible to have platforms which are floating so one can make bridges or camo-nets?
Is a ducks penis orange like his legs?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:41 am 
Site Admin

Petrenko wrote:
Helas,

i got a couple of questions:

How do layers work now?

If by layers you mean terrain layers, you create layers in inkscape, prefix their name with alpha_, create content in the layers and export them using the inkscape extension bundled with the game in tools-subfolder. The exporter detects the layers from the prefix. Then you modify process.bat so that it refers to the exported image files with the names you used in your layers, and run it. I guess you already knew all that :)

On materials layer in inkscape, you can see surface and terrain configs, take a look at a vanilla map. In surface configs you can define friction factor and a general color for splatter effects and an optional step dust size which will make the surface produce a colored particle effect similar to ones used on sand, dirt and snow in the vanilla maps. Step sounds can be defined also, but unfortunately it's currently hooked up with indices that refer to the hardcoded set of sounds that are loaded, so it's pretty hard to set up to use anything else than the regular ones. You can override the filenames of course to get your own sound effects played.

Terrain configs define how a terrain texture is scaled on a texture alpha splat map. You can also set an outline to be generated on the terrain layer. In 0.77, the outline also mixes in the alpha channel from the terrain texture, so you can create noisy outlines (as seen e.g. here http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... hot168.png on roads). In 0.77, you can control certain automatic grass generation parameters to a further extent than 0.76; 0.76 just lets you choose between none, grass and dirt layer blades.

Petrenko wrote:
And how do decals work?

In 0.76, you position decals just like any other object in inkscape, set the id to decal*, and bind a texture to it. In 0.77, it is recommended to use decal templates to define which texture atlas and index each decal type points to and make the actual decal objects to be placed in the map base on the templates you define. The decal texture gets scaled and rotated on the area of the rect you set, but it doesn't align itself well on a bumpy terrain yet. It aligns itself on the terrain from its center position only.

Petrenko wrote:
Also i'm not sure i'm seeing this correctly, but is it possible to add random details on a texturelayer?
If yes: How to?

If by texture layer you still mean the layers on the terrain, the options are a) add decals manually, b) use the automatic blade generation, c) use outlines. If you have something specific in mind, I could perhaps give you a better answer.

0.77 enables using of a cutout mask texture with walls, platforms and buildings.

Petrenko wrote:
Also is it possible to have platforms which are floating so one can make bridges or camo-nets?

One way to do camo-net would be to make it as a mesh in a 3d modeller and place it in inkscape. You would make the mesh model not have a collision model so that soldiers would be able to go through and under it. In 0.76, you'd need to make the semi-transparent parts of the net as geometry as you can't set a mesh to be alpha blended, but in 0.77 you can.

Bridges, as something you can truly go under as a character, isn't supported yet.

I didn't go on the level of copy&pasting snippets from the vanilla maps objects.svg's now, but if you wish to have some clarification on any subject, just shoot, I'm happy to help out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm 

Heyho,

thanks Pasik for the info.

I work on a second map for my TraitedRevolution and will experiment with every new feature!

Also another question:
Can someone load up a simple lying cylinder mesh? and one standing? So i could add barrels and i could add barbed wire!
Maybe i just need to find out how to edit, make meshes myself someday..... i never worked with 3d-stuff before!

As always, thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 pm 

Petrenko wrote:
Heyho,

thanks Pasik for the info.

I work on a second map for my TraitedRevolution and will experiment with every new feature!

Also another question:
Can someone load up a simple lying cylinder mesh? and one standing? So i could add barrels and i could add barbed wire!
Maybe i just need to find out how to edit, make meshes myself someday..... i never worked with 3d-stuff before!

As always, thanks in advance!

then it would be time! :D
download blender an give it a go. Of course I could make a cylinder for you, that wouldn't need more than 10 seconds but you may try it yourself. You could then scale it to the dimension you need.