It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:18 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 54

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 am 

Hey,

I'm having some trouble with the map I am currently working on.

First of all, when I start the game it will sometimes start with NOTHING in the world, and the location of my guy is in the far bottom right corner of the map. Since I put in a few more spawn rects the problem isn't quite as bad now but still happens every so often:

Do the spawn rects have to all be located inside of the base rects, or can some sit outside of them? Starting a new game usually fixes this.

Secondly, I'm trying to put in a platform. I have had success with most all of the ones I have put into the map, but these are really finicky to get working right... Why is this happening?

Is there a particular size, and length that platforms should be? The settings are identicle for the two platforms shown in the second screenshot, but the length is not. They are both on flat ground as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 am 
Site Admin

The first issue is probably because there are no spawn points for your faction in the particular base division the game chose, so you are unable to spawn yourself.

A case that does this is that you might have just a handful of bases and the not-so-good even base division logic decides to give all the bases to one faction, leaving the other without spawn points. :shock: This is fixed in the next version. You should be able to circle around this by creating a new game and choose any another Initial occupied bases setting than Even.

The platform issue looks like that the start and end paths of the platform have their starting nodes in the opposite ends. You probably need to swap around the nodes of one of the paths, so that the last node goes where the first is and so forth.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm 

How do you make platforms?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Petrenko wrote:
How do you make platforms?

By copying existing platforms from map2 and map3 and modifying them? :) I've usually marked the platforms as blue and red lines, they are grouped together.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 pm 

I see.

<- Dumb