It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 123

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:14 pm 

I'm finding that changes to the initiation comments and rounds fired in .call files in an invasion campaign update as expected when a saved game is continued, but changes to the calls included in common or faction .resources files are not reflected. Can't see anything in the save game files like metagame_invasion.xml or game.xml that indicate they store the call state and don't allow it to be overridden/written.

I can't add or remove any calls in the campaign and expect these changes to be in effect when I next load the save game. rwr.log reports newly added calls/*.call files are being loaded successfully, but they're not available for use even though their keys are listed in a .resources file.

If I start a new campaign from scratch, the expected calls are available when I receive the radio at 1K XP. Would rather not have to get 1K XP every time I want to test changes to calls though.

Is this a known issue (mac version if that helps) and/or is there a workaround I can use to rapidly gain XP like /promote, which I'm guessing is only available on the windows version in debug mode?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 am 
Site Admin

anoshi wrote:
I'm finding that changes to the initiation comments and rounds fired in .call files in an invasion campaign update as expected when a saved game is continued, but changes to the calls included in common or faction .resources files are not reflected. Can't see anything in the save game files like metagame_invasion.xml or game.xml that indicate they store the call state and don't allow it to be overridden/written.

The .resources files function as initial available resource lists which are taken into use when a map changes / match restarts. Various things in campaign may affect the resource availability, e.g. enemy anti-air emplacement in a map removes certain calls from other factions. The current resource list is saved in game.xml <factions> -> <faction> -> <resources> for each soldier group separately (player is in "default" group).

Map change would refresh the resources, you can do that by saying e.g. /warp 1 in chat (beware of warping to the current map, I have a feeling that still crashes.. :)). Restarting the current map with /restart might do it too but I can't be too sure about that. Manually changing resources in game.xml before loading the save would work too.

Quote:
Is this a known issue (mac version if that helps) and/or is there a workaround I can use to rapidly gain XP like /promote, which I'm guessing is only available on the windows version in debug mode?

I'd expect /promote to work on mac too, and without debugmode as well, as long as you're in campaign and not in quickmatch, hmm. I'll check if there's something weird with mac script commands.

EDIT: script chat commands are working ok on mac too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:53 am 

Excellent feedback thank you pasik!

The info re: game.xml has been greatly helpful. I see why in one of my savegames where my guy had lost his radio altogether is because there are no call keys listed at all in the resources name="default" section.

The others didn't include the calls I created after first saving the game. Adding to game.xml and reloading the save resolves the issue.

I also should have tried /promote first (it certainly does work), but have a better understanding of how everything fits together now.

Thanks again 8-)