It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:38 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 108

All times are UTC

Post subject: [RELEASED] Casus Belli
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:10 pm 

Casus Belli is a graphic overhaul wich adds new factions and balanced weapons.
Run alongside the UN forces as well as Moujahidins against the USMC or maybe the Russian Federation!

This mod aims to give a more realistic feeling to RWR and sets in the late 90's.
It feature a redone of all the vanilla textures, models, vehicules, hud's icons, weapons and factions.

DOWNLOAD V0.5 :
casus_belli_05.rar

DOWNLOAD V0.6 :
casus_belli_06.rar

MANUAL UPDATE :
Download the v0.6 zip file, open it and extract all the subfolders into this folder :
..\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\270150\781589397\media\packages\casus_belli_05\

ALSO AVAILBLE IN STEAM WORKSHOP

/!\ THIS MOD IS ACTUALLY FOR QUICK MATCH ONLY /!\

FEATURE LIST

Factions - Each of the seven factions has its own vehicles, weapons and ranks icons as well as a minimum of 6 different soldier model + eod, camo vest, flak vest, elite soldiers and an elite player skin.

Calls - The Talebs and Insurged doesn't have any possibility of calling airborne reinforcements nor heavy armor. Russians and UK RMC have their own unique models for paratroopers.

APC riding - Insurged, Talebs and Russians soldiers can sit on the back of their APC and engage the enemy.

Vehicules - Insurged and Talebs doesn't have any heavy armor, but they are well equipped with RPG's.

Medal - The player can buy a medal from the armory as soon as he reach 2000 xp, this object gives him an unique soldier model as well as increasing his speed and decreasing his visibility from AI. You can respawn with it as long as you have enough RP.

Weapons - Each factions have their own weapons, with their own models and hud icons, all balanced.

You, of course, have my permission to do whatever you want from this mod, I used the mod "70's Style" from "Filibuster Rhymes" as a template even if I've finally only keeped the SKS Simonov from it in the end... But anyway thanks a million to him! He gave me the willing to mod this awesome game...

And finally thanks to Modulatio : Pasik and JackMayol for this masterpiece.

CREDITS :

-Weltkrieg team : hud icon/weapon model of the k98, mg34, ppsh and P38
-Filibuster Rhymes : hud icon/weapon model of the SKS and G3
-JackMayol : hud icon/weapon model for the m16a4 scoped, m4a1 lmg and m4a1.
Zombies/Survivors AI file and animations, zombie claw weapon.
-The Soldier : for the help on a "weapons don't show up" problem

PLANS :

New vehicles models - I want to try to make custom models more detailed and mostly historicaly accurate for each factions. Any help is welcome!

Custom Calls - I'd like to diversify the calls for each faction, create some variety (ie bomb raid instead of artillery for USMC, maybe an heli raid instead of the mortars) Any ideas are welcome!

Asymmetrical fights - I'd love to create an asymmetry between the conventional forces and the unconventional ones, while keeping the game balance. Any ideas are welcome!

Reporter teams - I'd like to create a new soldier class in each factions wich all have the same loadout and soldier model, it will be a reporter team with a little spawn chance, a camera/videocam non lethal weapon and a vest wich make them almost undetectable by the AI. Those squads will follow the fights just as actual embedded reporters do. Accidentally (or not) killing them will cost a lot of RP. Don't know actually if it's possible to change the RP loss depending on the victim class but i'll take a look. Any ideas or thoughts about this gameplay mechanism are (really) welcome!

Campaign - I'd like to enable the campaign mode, I'll take a look at that.

Maps - I will probably take a look on map making but it seems a little harsh and time killing, and vanilla maps are really fun enough!

SCREENSHOTS

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

V0.6 CHANGELOG :

-USMC-
-Changed the m16a4 and m4a1 weapons hud and models.
-Replaced the m16a4 scoped by a m24. New model and hud.
-Retextured the vehicles, no more marpat camo it's now olive drab.

-RUSSIANS-
-Replaced the USAS with a Saiga. New model and hud.
-Renamed the APC, it's now called BTR according to it's model.

-ZOMBIES-
-Added the zombie faction. New models, hud, weapons.

-CLEAR SKY-
-Added the Clear sky faction. New models, hud, weapons, vehicles.

Last edited by jikma on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:34 pm 

Interesting...very interesting. From the cover of the book, it looks very well made, with a lot of love and effort put into it. If my eyes weren't watching this before, they definitely are now. :) I'll be sure to check this out!

(posting this here for the sake of letting you know the forums are still active. :))

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:06 pm 

I like all the kinds of diversity, especially accompanied with more factions. Such mods are always welcome. :)

The Soldier wrote:
(posting this here for the sake of letting you know the forums are still active. :))
Who said they are even close to inactivity :roll: .... ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm 

Hey, I'd like to help with the mod... it seems kinda dead, but I can help with models and coding. Also, could I release a modified 'Casus Belli?' I've modified my personal version, modifying AI, mainly the Insurged and Talebs, to fight a little bit more like humans. For example, they use rooftops excessively, and I've given them a mine support, from yet another mod... also, I gave the USMC a spec-ops call, for Force Recon, who spawn in with vests, AT4s and M4RIS(s). Really though, I'd like to help. (Note: I use my Steam more than my RWR forum account, so send me a message there. I commented on the mod.)