It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 146

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 pm 

Hey all,

I'm working on a mod right now, and I'm getting a crash periodically when I'm testing it. So far, I only have 1 team incorporated, so I've been testing it with the default teams + my team, the police. After a few minutes of playing, I'll get a CTD telling me to look at the log for more information, and listed in the log is this:

Code:
18:16:25: ERROR, getting soldier group with id 27, not found, groups 4
18:16:25: id=0, name=default
18:16:25: id=31, name=swat
18:16:25: id=32, name=chief
18:16:25: id=33, name=elite
18:16:25: execution halted

Now, I have those 4 groups defined in police.xml. There isn't a super lot of information on in depth mod creating (which I'm trying to do), so figuring out some things is difficult. I'm not sure if the IDs are auto-generated, or if they're defined somewhere and I changed something or accidentally overwrote a preexisting group. Just curious if anyone knows why this crash is happening. It seems all 4 groups are spawning right from the get-go, so I'm not sure why it would take a bit of time for the crash to happen.

Thanks!
TrIggA

EDIT:
Also, 3 side questions if anyone can answer them:

Anyone have any idea why some weapons I created "slide" in front of my character a tiny bit when I reload? I didn't know if it maybe had something to with the weak_hand_hold offset.

What's a good (free) modeling program that can export .mesh's? I got blender and meshlab and attempted to get an extension that allowed exporting .mesh's, but it didn't work/I didn't install it right.

I created an MG (M240) and it won't fire unless I'm walking, running, crouched, or prone. Standing still it refuses to fire, and I can't figure out why. I looked at the settings and they seem fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:05 am 

It may be that a vanilla call is attempting to use a character class not present in your faction. For example, all vanilla paradrops include at least one medic, which is a unique character class in the original factions. If your faction tried to use one of the vanilla calls, it'd cause a crash if there wasn't a "medic" class in the faction file.

Otherwise, your best bet is to run some thorough tests and see where specifically it's crashing. That might give you a more solid idea of where the game's going wrong. Try playing with spawn scores to make all of the spawns into a certain character class, adjust resource and model files, and so on to isolate the error.

For the machine gun, check over the file and see if "can_shoot_standing" is set to 0. Otherwise, make sure your character's holding it right when standing - in many cases, incorrect animations can prevent a weapon from firing.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am 
Site Admin

In some cases it can also help to run the game with a command line parameter verbose. It makes the game fill the log with more information, and depending on the case, you might be able to pinpoint something by doing some searches in the log. In this case you could possibly find out which soldier group is referred to with id 27. Insano-Man is likely right about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:00 pm 

I never even thought of that... Since I was just testing to see if the models and weapons worked, I added the faction to a copy of the vanilla game, leaving in the original calls. So the original calls for paradrops were probably trying to get a group police doesn't have, I plan on reworking all the calls anyway, but since it was just testing I didn't even think about it. Thanks giys, I'll try disabling calls as soon as I get home.

Thanks for the insight on the MG too, I have can stand shooting set to 1, but it's very possible I have the wrong animation for shooting while standing still. I found out that can really screw up stuff when I forgot to add an animation for reloading the mp5 and if crash when I tried. All trial and error.

Thanks again,
TrIggA