It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 35

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:03 pm 

So I'm putting this out here because I think it'd be a simple mod that really fits the gameplay of running with rifles.

The game would have three factions.

Revolutionaries (Marxists-Anarchists)
Republicans
Fascists (Germans, italians, spaniards)

The revolutionaries would have outdaded weaponry (Muskets, Mosins, Revolvers), and their vehicles would be Tiznaos https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiznao_(autom%C3%B3vil_blindado) [Makeshift Armored Cars]
Their names would be a mix of Spanish, Galician, Basque, Catalomian, Russian, Polish and English names. [International Brigades for the foreign names].
Their radio support would be really limited.

The Republicans would have standard weaponry with support from actual armored cars and T-26s tanquettes.
Their names would be the same set as the Revolutionaries, but with the foreign names reduced.

The Fascists would have superior weaponry (Newest Mausers, German pistols), extended radio support, and a great number of light tanks (Panzer I, carro Breda).
These tanks would be still be able to slowly destroy the enemy tanks with their AP Machinegun fire.

So I think this would make a great mod for this game. We could ask permission to other mod developers to borrow their skins and models from WW2/WW1 mods that include the same/similar weapons.
That armament is marked with a tag where you could (probably) find it.

Some civil war weaponry here:

Rifles:
Mauser 1893 (Everyone)
Mosin-Nagant (Revolutionaries) [Any WW2 Mod]
Lebel 1886 (Revolutionaries) [WW1 Mod]

Pistols:
Star Model A (Everyone) [WW1/WW2 Mods (Colt 1911 Rename)
Star Model 1919 (Revolutionaries) [??? (Could use a Beretta 92 as base, looks similar)
Ruby (Everyone) [WW1 Mod]
Astra 903 (Everyone) [WW1/WW2 Mods (Mauser C96 Rename]
Beretta M1934 (Nationalists)
Tokarev TT-33 (Republicans/Revolutionaries) [WW2 Mods]
Nagant M1895 (Republicans/Revolutionaries) [WW1/WW2 Mods]

Machine Guns:
Hotchkiss M1914 (Everyone) [WW1 Mod]
MG13 (Nationalists) [WW1 Mod]
MG08/15 (Nationalists) [WW1 Mod]

Sub Machine Guns:
MP28/II (Everyone (Captured by Revolutionaries and Republicans) [WW1 Mod (MP18 Rename)]
Star TN35 (Everyone)
Beretta Model 1938A (Nationalists)

Anti-Tank
Pak 35/36 (Nationalists) [WW2 Mods]
Soviet 45mm mod. 1932 (Republicans)
Flak 18/36 (Nationalists) [WW2 Mods]
Breda M35 (Nationalists)

Tank:
Panzer I (Nationalists)
Panzer Breda (Nationalists)
Ft-17 (Everyone but Revolutionaries) [WW1 Mod]
T-26 (Everyone but Revolutionaries (Captured tanks by nationalists))
Bt-5 (Republicans)
Generic turreted Armored cars (Republicans/Revolutionaries) [WW1 Mod]
Tiznaos (Republicans/Revolutionaries)

I hope someone thinks this may be plausible and gives some feedback :D

Last edited by MrGabol100 on Sat May 14, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 am 

Hi and welcome to the forums! So as you said pretty much all of this is plausible, it's just a matter of much time some will spend making it. Generally soldier/gun models and creating new vehicles take longest amount of time. You can possibly borrow animations for musket weapons with permission. Also properly balancing out the fractions so one doesn't completely stomp the other may take some time. Mainly all of the tanks and the revolutionary vehicles you suggested will be the hardest to make because of 3D modeling and textures.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:54 am 

~The Venator~ wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums! So as you said pretty much all of this is plausible, it's just a matter of much time some will spend making it. Generally soldier/gun models and creating new vehicles take longest amount of time. You can possibly borrow animations for musket weapons with permission. Also properly balancing out the fractions so one doesn't completely stomp the other may take some time. Mainly all of the tanks and the revolutionary vehicles you suggested will be the hardest to make because of 3D modeling and textures.

Well of course the tanks would take a long time, but I believe the French Renault is around there somewhere, and there'd only be one tank in the republicans and about two on the nationalists, the List is misleading and I'm going to edit it.

Hopefully we can borrow (I always meant with permission of the creator, of course, I just didn't put it in the OP) all the models from the weapons that have the [XXX] Tags, as those are just the places where we could ask for the sprites and models.

The T-26 (1933) and BT-5 get the same turret model.

The Panzer I and Breda would be the pain in the ass, but once you get one the other is a frontal remodel and gun appearance change.

The Tiznaos would be actually the easiest, because you get the armored car from the WW1 mod with the small turret and change it's shape slightly (Removing turret for unarmed vehicles, making the shape slopier to indicate there's a truck under the metal, etc...).

P.S: I've been here for a long time lurking, Just thought it'd be a good idea to make an account to post this :)

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:06 am 

I love your idea, I also thought about making a mod on the Spanish civil war.
If you get to do it, or someone gets to do it, they can talk to me for help.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 pm 

Dabila wrote:
I love your idea, I also thought about making a mod on the Spanish civil war.
If you get to do it, or someone gets to do it, they can talk to me for help.

Thank you very much! I love your work and your support makes me feel like this may even take off but sadly I don't know about modding and can't start the project by myself.

I think I should learn :?