It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:19 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 82

All times are UTC

Post subject: Custom soldier config
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:11 pm 

Is there any way to add custom elements to soldiers?

For example, adding custom death sounds, so that soldiers with human models would make human death sounds whereas robot soldiers would make robotic death sounds.

This is just a particular thing I'd like to alter in my mod, that said I'm sure more complex things could also be done, like changing soldier behaviours not found in the default.ai file.

I'm pretty sure this stuff is hardcoded, so is there any chance it will be released for modders?

Thanks in advance. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:13 pm 

I've looked through the code and I've concluded that you can't have different death sounds for different soldiers. All of them use the same 10 or so death sounds, and there's no way to make certain soldiers use different ones.

I agree, would be really nice to be able to mod this stuff. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:13 pm 

Another voice of consent here; it'd make (un)life a lot easier for my necromorphs if I could change death sounds on the character instead of relying on hacky fake weapons to simulate it.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:52 pm 

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I was looking at the RwR stuff for faction initialization (for a little mod I'm working on) and noted that greenbelts and Greyshirts both use default_male.character and default_female.character in their class creation thing for minibosses. Would it not be possible to make a new one, With specific new sound files, and use that?

IE, try making a new .character file and use your new death sounds in that. So in your case, "modname_robot.character" would replace default_male and female in your faction. I've not tried this out, but if it does work I will find out soon. Will update this post then.

(EDIT): I misread the time stamp for the post - didn't realise it says January. If this is already a thing people know about, then my bad for reviving a dead post. XD