It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:44 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 54 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 166

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:19 pm 

This mod was inspered by Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage Add-on.
This mod focuces on infantry battles of People's Liberation Army of China with United States Army Force's.

Each side have a common soldier with private/first private rank, General of the army, Elite troops (Crimson Dragoons on PLAC side and Power Armor guys on USAF side), common medic. USAF additionaly have a paratroop soldiers, thus they differs from common soldiers only by models and ranks.

PLAC soldiers have weapons such as:
xuanlong assault rifle
type 93 assault rifle
anti-infantry rocket launcher
sniper rifle
impact grenades

PLAC soldier have calls for:
artillery barrage
sabotage team
tank airdrop

USAF soldiers have weapons such as:
aer9 laser rifle
fatman
rocket launcher
sniper rifle
n91 assault rifle
minigun
hand grenade

USAF soldiers have calls for:
artillery strike
paratroops
heavy support
tank airdrop

Crimson Dragoon's Chinese stealth armor gives to them ability of invisibility.
Power Armor grant you ability to withstand loads of bullets, thus you may be crippled by high power guns and blasts, such as mini-nukes.

Power Armor has some sort of bug, that whenever you try to pick it up as USAF soldier, the game will crash.
Tho you can pick it up and even wear it as Chinese soldier with no problems at all.
Because of that, Power Armor and Chinese Stealth Armor wont drop from soldiers who was wearing them.
Also mod seems to be not that stable at all as i want it to be. So, random crashes can occur in your game session without any reason.
I have no clue why this is happening.

That's all.

Hope you'll enjoy my little mod :3

Attachments:
Fallout Great War.rar [1.08 MiB]
Downloaded 1044 times

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

I briefly tried the mod and it seemed stable the much I did, played in Moorland Trenches if it matters. It's hard to say about the vests as I couldn't specifically tell who was wearing them and couldn't purchase one in an armory to test one manually.

A few things I noticed in the vest files was that they are defined as circular, so the transform chain forms a loop, which I'm not sure if that can work, at least vanilla never did vests that way.
Code:
    <carry_item key="vest_pw" name="Vest" slot="1" transform_on_consume="vest2" time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0">
    <carry_item key="vest2" name="Vest" slot="1" transform_on_consume="vest_pw" time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0">

As you can see, vest_pw transforms to vest2, and vest2 transforms to vest_pw. I'd suggest to try another approach that works for sure to ensure the problem doesn't come from this.

Another peculiar piece of configuration was this
Code:
        <capacity value="0" source="rank" source_value="0.0" />
        <capacity value="1" source="rank" source_value="0.0" />

This says that a soldier with rank 0.0 should have capacity of both 0 and 1 for this item which is a bit ambiguous. It's pure luck if that works in the intended way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:10 pm 

pasik wrote:
I briefly tried the mod and it seemed stable the much I did, played in Moorland Trenches if it matters. It's hard to say about the vests as I couldn't specifically tell who was wearing them and couldn't purchase one in an armory to test one manually.

A few things I noticed in the vest files was that they are defined as circular, so the transform chain forms a loop, which I'm not sure if that can work, at least vanilla never did vests that way.
Code:
    <carry_item key="vest_pw" name="Vest" slot="1" transform_on_consume="vest2" time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0">
    <carry_item key="vest2" name="Vest" slot="1" transform_on_consume="vest_pw" time_to_live_out_in_the_open="0.0">

As you can see, vest_pw transforms to vest2, and vest2 transforms to vest_pw. I'd suggest to try another approach that works for sure to ensure the problem doesn't come from this.

Another peculiar piece of configuration was this
Code:
        <capacity value="0" source="rank" source_value="0.0" />
        <capacity value="1" source="rank" source_value="0.0" />

This says that a soldier with rank 0.0 should have capacity of both 0 and 1 for this item which is a bit ambiguous. It's pure luck if that works in the intended way.

No, i've been tried non loop vests, and they still crash the game.
What is more unknown, that game crash immideatly if player interacts with power armor as US Forces soldier. They still works purely nice if you interact with them as PLAC soldier. So, i have no idea what's wrong with them. I even tried to rework power armor from a scratch, but this doesnt work either.

Just make Power Armor droppable, and your game will crash.

The problem is with Power Armor only, because Chinese Stealth Armor works just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:13 pm 

And another thing - i can't put those armor into armory. By obvious reasons (Game will crash. From both of armors).