It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 159

All times are UTC

Post subject: Outdated mods
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:54 pm 

So since RWR 1.20 update most of the mods aren't working anymore, I'm guessing that the mods are outdated, is there anyway that I could go back to the version before 1.20 so I could play with my mods? The mods I played consist of World War, and Halo, Note that I had download many mods before but it didn't work so I deleted them until I looked up what was wrong. Running in the Trenches and Running with the Dead still works.

Post subject: Re: Outdated mods
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:08 am 

Most mods don't work because the animation file has been changed, and the mods haven't been updated yet.

Give it a week or so for the modders to update their mods, alright?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:21 am 

This is a bit of a thread hijack, but I would like to ask the question from a modder's perspective:

As a mod author updating his project, who out there knows what I should expect to have to fix aside from the already-mentioned animations file? It's very helpful to know where to look when bringing things up-to-speed with the latest version, especially with mods heavy on vanilla content changes.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:29 am 

If it's adding onto vanilla files, remember to update the all_weapons.xml, all_throwables.xml, all_vehicles.xml, and pretty much the rest of the all_<insert_name>.xml files, depending on what you've added. Also remember to update any faction files you've modified (like the green_primaries.xml, or any of those other files in the faction folder).