It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 33

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 pm 

I'm working on a project at the moment and was wondering if duel wielding is even possible. If so, how would I do it.

My thoughts were that you have to make it as one weapon in the model and tinker with animations to make it look right. But how would I make 2 "barrels" or area where the gun shoots? Cause I begin to wonder how to implement that in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:14 pm 

This can't be achieve properly without adding some support for it from our side (which won't happen, I'm afraid).
An approach could be to make a fast 2 bullet burst shot weapon but the projectiles would leave from the same location. This *might* look good enough if you add 2 particle effects which appear offset from the middle to mask the visual cheat ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm 

Didn't comms tank have 2 barrel turret? Can u use that somehow?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:33 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
Didn't comms tank have 2 barrel turret? Can u use that somehow?

Command tank? Two guns? I think that was removed.

The thing is, that tank had two separate weapons (or the same weapon copied over twice) mounted to the same "turret", so it's technically not a duel-wielding. A soldier can only hold a single weapon at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:37 pm 

Alright thanks for all the answers guys. I will figure out a work around :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:58 am 

The Soldier wrote:
A soldier can only hold a single weapon at a time.

This is true, but wouldn't it be possible to make custom animations and have a single item which equips a soldier with two pistols? What I mean is that the weapon model would include two pistols, and the custom animations would make it look as if the soldier holds two.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:56 am 

Bonkaholic wrote:
This is true, but wouldn't it be possible to make custom animations and have a single item which equips a soldier with two pistols? What I mean is that the weapon model would include two pistols, and the custom animations would make it look as if the soldier holds two.

Theoretically, I could modify the soldier's visual appearance when he has the dual pistols equipped and then have two recoil animations (one for the left, and one for the right). However, there's no control over the soldier appearance when he has a weapon other than his dual pistol equipped - so he might have his rocket launcher equipped while still appearing to have his pistols still in his hands. Furthermore, there can only be one place for the muzzle flash and bullet exit point, so you can only have one pistol ever appear to fire. These are the main flaws. Trust me, I've thought about this problem good and long, and there's nothing I can do to amend these two problems.