It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 31

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:34 pm 

Has that worked for you? I can give you the drone file so you can see what I've done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:15 am 

I haven't quite gotten around to test it yet, unfortunately. I've been struggling with some severe mouse-related problems lately that have been seriously discouraging any mod work. Some of the plastic bits holding the insides of the mouse in place broke off and now my right mouse button is only usable in a very awkward position closer to the center of the mouse. On top of that, the middle mouse button is non-functional nine times out of ten.

I'm going to try something while the topic's on my mind, though. I had the thought of attaching a "dummy" voxel somewhere along the main bulk of the model to the necessary bones - if I'm wrong to begin with, don't hesitate to correct me.

Update Edit:
That turned out to be a less than ideal solution, as I'd expected. Binding "unrelated" voxels to distant bones just resulted in them floating around the model like angry dust clouds. A more effective solution would be greatly appreciated.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:58 pm 

Ah, but you didn't realize you could move the angry dust cloud of voxels out of the way, up to a million. :) Just make sure to use a TEXT EDITOR and not the voxel editor, so the editor doesn't automatically re-assign the voxels up at one million to another bone.

https://www.mediafire.com/?69992gksk9cuv8r
(the drone is part of the grenade slot, if you want to see it in-game to verify my abilities :P)

It works fine for the drone, which has all of it's voxels bound to just the head bone. Use that as a reference. Just remember that you can't edit the model whatsoever in any way, shape, or form with the voxel editor without having to reassign all the voxels and beginning the process over again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:46 am 

I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you very much.

On a partly related note, I want to ask if the "a" field in voxel files does anything; I'd thought it controlled the opacity of the voxel in typical RGBA format, but found out - much to my disappointment, as I'd wanted to make a stealth field Strogg model - that it doesn't seem to have much, if any, effect.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:03 am 

Insano-Man wrote:
I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you very much.

On a partly related note, I want to ask if the "a" field in voxel files does anything; I'd thought it controlled the opacity of the voxel in typical RGBA format, but found out - much to my disappointment, as I'd wanted to make a stealth field Strogg model - that it doesn't seem to have much, if any, effect.

The best things in games come with creative work arounds. ;)

You've guessed correctly - the "a" field does indeed control opacity of voxels. But, sadly, RwR doesn't support it. I asked JackMayol about that long ago and got the same answer. :/