It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 129

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 pm 

I'm working on a new faction for myself and part of it includes a very rarely occurring miniboss that is totally invulnerable to anything but a speeding freight train.

I thought it would be simple to rig this up; I'd just make a vest that absorbs everything and loops back into itself when consumed. Unfortunately, that just ended up causing the game to crash without any related error in the log. I even tried a back-and-forth method where one vest would go to another and that one would loop back into the first, but that just had the same result.

Is it possible to accomplish what I'm trying to achieve? As said, I don't need the character to be perfectly invincible, but they need to be unfazed by gunfire and explosions.

Edit:
Answered in full. See post #2 right below this one - big thanks to The Soldier for the help.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

Last edited by Insano-Man on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:28 am 

Add this to the end of each output character state line:
Code:
 consumes_item="0"

So that a completely invincible creature (well, invincible to all but a jeep, heh) would have a vest that looks like this:
Code:
      <modifier class="projectile_hit_result" input_character_state="death" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />
      <modifier class="projectile_hit_result" input_character_state="wound" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />
      <modifier class="projectile_hit_result" input_character_state="stun" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />
      <modifier class="melee_hit_result" input_character_state="death" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />

<modifier class="projectile_blast_result" input_character_state="death" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />
      <modifier class="projectile_blast_result" input_character_state="wound" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />
      <modifier class="projectile_blast_result" input_character_state="stun" output_character_state="none" consumes_item="0" />

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:26 am 

That worked perfectly, thank you very much. This mod has me excited for when it's done.

Bit of a derail, but I would like to ask while I'm here; you wouldn't happen to know if it's possible to make the AI automatically kill wounded enemies, would you? I see it happen all the time in-game, but it usually looks like it's a coincidence (grenade thrown before the target was incapacitated, enemy was already trying to the stab the target when they went down, etc.) rather than intentional.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:03 pm 

it is sort of possible by upping the detection range of the AI by a lot but doesn't guarantee it.