It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:51 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 97

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:44 pm 

Is it possible, and is it possible to make the trail a different shape other than a line as well? I'm trying to make some alien bullet trails but have no clue on how to change it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:17 pm 

I think the bullet trails are stored under the textures file, named "bullet_trail.png". You can change the color there. Although I'm not sure if you can change the actual width and shape of it, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:31 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
I think the bullet trails are stored under the textures file, named "bullet_trail.png". You can change the color there. Although I'm not sure if you can change the actual width and shape of it, though.

THANK YOU :D , i will check that out to help my halo mod. Make the Faction weps have more faction specific colors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 pm 

So, i did some searching among the files to figure out how to change the bullet trail texture/color after i made specific bullet trails for weapons but i couldn't find anything. I thought i could do some comparisons to different projectiles and see what commands were used to use different effects for the projectile. But i hadn't found any area of code that changed the effect of the trail. I may be completely oblivious of the solution due to my inexperience, so please have mercy on me. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:45 pm 

Most of the bullet trail stuff is hardcoded to my understanding. You can see the bullettrail.material in data1.pak and bullet_trail.png in textures, but most of its qualities can't be changed, nor variations added without pasik's help.

~ * ~ * G R E Y * ~ * ~ * P R I D E * ~ * ~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 am 

harrified wrote:
Most of the bullet trail stuff is hardcoded to my understanding. You can see the bullettrail.material in data1.pak and bullet_trail.png in textures, but most of its qualities can't be changed, nor variations added without pasik's help.

Well, I could request help but I guess I will just hold off on my project then sadly. My sounds for the Covenant weapons weren't working in-game anyway. :cry:

Thanks for the help to all of you as well, wouldn't be a proper RWR modder at all without this supportive community ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:43 pm 

Word on the street says pasik is making tracers more customizable with a future update. ;]

Testpilot14 wrote:
My sounds for the Covenant weapons weren't working in-game anyway. :cry:

Did you save them as mono, 16-bit, 44khz? Stereo sounds won't work for most things in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:21 pm 

harrified wrote:
Word on the street says pasik is making tracers more customizable with a future update. ;]

Testpilot14 wrote:
My sounds for the Covenant weapons weren't working in-game anyway. :cry:

Did you save them as mono, 16-bit, 44khz? Stereo sounds won't work for most things in the game.

Amazing, hopefully the word on the street proves true. I'm a little confused on what you are asking but the size of it is 264kb and its bit rate is 1411kbps. If that info answers any of your questions at all? :shock:

Something weird is that some of the sounds work but the sound is extremely faint to the extent where I can not even hear it. I tried searching for some video and sound editors but couldn't find ones that weren't malicious or free that seemed easy to use.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Testpilot14 wrote:
harrified wrote:

Amazing, hopefully the word on the street proves true.

Attachment:
screenshot8.png
screenshot8.png [ 920.85 KiB | Viewed 23016 times ]

You'll be able to touch some other things as well besides the color=material. Basically you'll be creating .trail and .material files and then referring to the trail from .projectile or .weapon files with a key to make the binding.

Code:
laser.trail:
<trail key="laser.trail" material="Laser" trail_length="50" intensity_range="0.8 1.0" initial_width_range="2 2" width_change="-20" />

x.weapon:
    <projectile file="bullet.projectile">
        <trail key="laser.trail" />
    </projectile>

laser.material:
material Laser {
   receive_shadows off
   technique {
      pass {
         lighting off
         fog_override true

depth_write off
         scene_blend add

texture_unit {
            texture laser.png
         }
      }
   }
}

The default material used for bullets is BulletTrail from data1.pak, you can e.g. copy paste its contents / derive from it and just replace the texture if you only need to change the color.

We're likely releasing 0.99.8.1 this weekend, the trail stuff is included.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 pm 

Thanks, pasik. 8-)

Testpilot14 wrote:
I'm a little confused on what you are asking but the size of it is 264kb and its bit rate is 1411kbps. If that info answers any of your questions at all? :shock:

Something weird is that some of the sounds work but the sound is extremely faint to the extent where I can not even hear it. I tried searching for some video and sound editors but couldn't find ones that weren't malicious or free that seemed easy to use.

I'm no audio nerd, but Audacity is free and legit. I've used it for editing and importing all my sounds into RWR. You can take a look at this little page here to see how to save the file with the correct sample settings: http://learn.parallax.com/reference/for ... av-players
Quote:
    Open the desired file.
    Change the track from stereo to mono by clicking the Tracks menu and selecting Stereo Track to Mono.
    Set the Project Rate (Hz) at the bottom left of the window to 32000.
    Under File, click Select Export and then set the Save as type to "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM".

The rate should be 44100hz in this case instead of 32000 though.