It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 48 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 120

All times are UTC

Post subject: More Classes Mod
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 pm 

This is my first mod I have ever designed for this game :D. The mod mainly includes re-tweaking of weapons and items with a few items of my own added. Also custom models and classes are implemented.

AI: Classes (For all 3 factions)

Sniper- Mainly carry snipers(of course) with my custom made Ghillie suit

Juggernaut- Medium armored soldier that can take a decent amount of bullets before taking him down, mainly carries M60e4

Brute- robotic soldier armed with a powerful infantry "stomping" LMG and a high amount of armor

Spec-ops- Excels compared to the grunt in every way, have different models, tougher armor, and better weaponry

Stealth Soldiers- Extremely helpful with sneak attacks and holding key areas

Medic- Unarmed, carries one medkit

Rifleman- Normally stick in packs, carry either an SKS rifle or M416 carbine. Similar to the casual grunt in intelligence and armor

Riot Control Squad- main purpose is for either repelling or reinforcing an attack. Carry shotguns, shields, and armor

Note:
All classes are available to be called in as reinforcements

Ghillie suit does not affect stealth of a unit(just for show). Also leave feedback on if you want me to leave the Ghillie suit available to players

Some reinforcement calls have been removed to decrease clutter

Some custom weapons, but they do not have any images.

Suggestions are welcomed

Pictures:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326105655

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326105552

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326105628

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326105509

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1vrv3 ... lasses.rar

Post subject: Re: More Classes Mod
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:26 pm 

New Version!

Added images for custom weapons

Added costumes for the Stealth soldiers and Ghillie suits for free available in the armory. And I decreased the cost for the silenced weapons of all the factions to 2 RP. The Juggernaut suit is also implemented but costs 80 RP to buy in the armory.

Worked on resolving issue with snipers spawning with ridiculous amounts of armor also.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0eotf ... .1_Mod.rar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:18 am 

Decided to work on my Mod some and added some new features. The mod is now in version 0.2

Weapons:

Replaced SVD dragunov with the SV 98 sniper

Added new classes:

Special Agent

- better version of the specops with new models

Squad Leader

- look a little different than normal grunts but with a shoulder pad and higher XP

Other changes:

- Updated and changed some models for the normal grunt

- Also changed the Juggernaut expense to 120 rp

- made some vests and weapons change running speed

- fixed sniper issue with spawning only with juggernaut armor

- removed brute call in and added new call for reinforcements

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6zbce ... .2_Mod.rar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:58 am 

So I have never really tried mods for RWR, and know very little about it for this game.
Does it mess up the base game?
I'd really like to try your mod out, looks kind of cool. But I really don't want to not have vanilla.
So buddy how's it work, for a layman like me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 pm 

Well what helped me extremely was tutorial videos. I had also downloaded other people's mods to test and to observe how others had designed theirs. Then I had self taught myself how to type in the code. Making Models and Images is my favorite task of making a mod in my opinion though. Weapons on the other hand is something that I am very horrible at :( . Feel free to "dissect" my mod if you want to for a taste of modding. Ask any other questions if you have some, I'm willing to help you as much as I can :) . Also I would download the RWR Editor tool to change the models to your liking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:53 pm 

"I NEED THIS FOR MY MOD :D"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:15 pm 

This mod is awesome as I was thinking of making the ghillie suit and power armour and your juggernaut and ghillie class models are really decent.

Out of interest how much can one modify the scale of the models before the animations need to be redone?

I guess it's to do with the skeleton definition (i.e. there will be awful clipping if the arms etc. are much thicker around the skeleton than the animations were designed for)

I might experiment with extending the ghillie suit so he has more stuff hanging off him like this fellow:Image

Also I wonder just how much bigger than the usual unit one can make the juggernauts etc. I suppose the skeleton might be less of an issue there as the proportions are the same you are just enlarging everything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:47 pm 

alexgmcm wrote:
This mod is awesome as I was thinking of making the ghillie suit and power armour and your juggernaut and ghillie class models are really decent.

Out of interest how much can one modify the scale of the models before the animations need to be redone?

Thank you very much :) The Juggernaut suit was basically no problem making, nor did it effect the skeleton or call for a new animation(Not good at animations anyways :? ). I had just stacked more layers on the model to make him seem more buff and intimidating. Feel free to tinker around with my models as you will, and the Ghillie Suit was made with less dangling brush because I thought it would be displeasing to the eye and would call for a new animation of course.

If you make the Ghillie suit more realistic and make animations for it that would be AWESOME. So good luck on your endeavor! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 pm 

Opt_0 wrote:
So I have never really tried mods for RWR, and know very little about it for this game.
I'd really like to try your mod out, looks kind of cool. But I really don't want to not have vanilla.

Forgot to answer your question about if the mod messes up the vanilla game. If you search up a tutorial either on the forums or on youtube for installing the mod, then that would help better than I can. The mod does not effect the actual vanilla game because you have the choice to activate it when you start a new quick match. Although I don't have a clue how to play online with a mod at the moment. So you do not have to worry about the mod harming your multiplayer experience. But before you install any mods I would make a backup of the game files just in case ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:13 pm 

Testpilot14 wrote:
Opt_0 wrote:

Forgot to answer your question about if the mod messes up the vanilla game. If you search up a tutorial either on the forums or on youtube for installing the mod, then that would help better than I can. The mod does not effect the actual vanilla game because you have the choice to activate it when you start a new quick match. Although I don't have a clue how to play online with a mod at the moment. So you do not have to worry about the mod harming your multiplayer experience. But before you install any mods I would make a backup of the game files just in case ;)

I presume to play with the mod online one would have to run a server that was running the mod? This is interesting actually - also I realised the game is in full 3d as it is on the ogre3d engine, this allows for so many more possibilities like helicopters etc. - I'm really glad the devs chose to use a 3d engine for a top-down game as although it seems overkill (after all one could do top down in 2d surely?) it is more natural and flexible as the 3rd dimension is really there, you don't have to fake it.