test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 155

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: More Classes Mod
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:32 pm 

alexgmcm wrote:
Testpilot14 wrote:
Opt_0 wrote:
So I have never really tried mods for RWR, and know very little about it for this game.
Does it mess up the base game?
I'd really like to try your mod out, looks kind of cool. But I really don't want to not have vanilla.
So buddy how's it work, for a layman like me?

Forgot to answer your question about if the mod messes up the vanilla game. If you search up a tutorial either on the forums or on youtube for installing the mod, then that would help better than I can. The mod does not effect the actual vanilla game because you have the choice to activate it when you start a new quick match. Although I don't have a clue how to play online with a mod at the moment. So you do not have to worry about the mod harming your multiplayer experience. But before you install any mods I would make a backup of the game files just in case ;)

I presume to play with the mod online one would have to run a server that was running the mod? This is interesting actually - also I realised the game is in full 3d as it is on the ogre3d engine, this allows for so many more possibilities like helicopters etc. - I'm really glad the devs chose to use a 3d engine for a top-down game as although it seems overkill (after all one could do top down in 2d surely?) it is more natural and flexible as the 3rd dimension is really there, you don't have to fake it.

I wish that I could get a server working properly for my mod but don't understand the concept of it.
like: What if one person has an older version of the mod? Can he/she still join?
or
What if the person doesn't even have the mod downloaded? Will it automatically install it or just boot them?

Also, the suggestion of helicopters has been around for a while. I don't think it will be added either :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:43 pm 

My mod is pretty much dead(or in deep slumber) as of now. I am out of ideas sadly, if anyone has ideas that they think would be amazing to be added please post them here. I have been working on updating the mod but I will just wait until 1.0 releases for RWR.

Although one idea i had and was working on was a grenade launcher humvee. One issue, I do not know what program I should use for changing around 3D models.

Towards all of the people who had given my mod a download and checked it out. THANK YOU! :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:33 am 

Just an FYI, this mod still works for quick battle. Would love to see this updated, particularly to add some of the new weapons to the armory and also for campaign compatibility.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:43 pm 

Tankhunter wrote:
Just an FYI, this mod still works for quick battle. Would love to see this updated, particularly to add some of the new weapons to the armory and also for campaign compatibility.

I hope to work on it more when 1.0 comes out. It seems to be a challenge for me to update the mod though. I have read from fellow modders that the mod can only be aimed specifically towards either quick match or campaign. So I'd have to get a vote from others on what they think it should be aimed towards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Testpilot14 wrote:
Tankhunter wrote:

I hope to work on it more when 1.0 comes out. It seems to be a challenge for me to update the mod though. I have read from fellow modders that the mod can only be aimed specifically towards either quick match or campaign. So I'd have to get a vote from others on what they think it should be aimed towards.

The situation may have improved lately for having a quickmatch targeted mod work fine for campaign too. Mostly I think the challenge with campaign mods was that it used to mean that you'd have to tinker with the scripts in order to get new resources loaded in there, and not many seem willing to go that deep.

At least that part can be dealt now with the usual way of just having similarly named xml files that override the specific vanilla stuff. There are files like invasion_all_throwables.xml, invasion_all_weapons.xml, invasion_all_vehicles.xml, etc, which can be used to define which resources to load for the campaign, exactly like all_weapons.xml et al for quickmatch. Actually, if you just want to use the same for both, you can include one in the other too, saves you from having duplicate files for maintenance.

Also faction configs can now use the .resources files to define which items are used by which factions and soldier groups, if one wants to continue to use the vanilla factions otherwise. I think this mod particularly comes with modified vanilla factions, and that's just fine too.

To enable an overlay mod to show up in the custom campaign list while using the vanilla campaign scripts, you'd add a file overlay_config.xml in your mod folder, and have it say:
Code:
<overlay campaign_entry_script="start_invasion.php">
</overlay>

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:27 pm 

Can I use some of the models here, for my own mod? I will give credit if so.