It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:24 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 67 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 130

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:29 am 
Site Admin

I'm just dumping these testing tools I happened to create the other day here: http://modulaatio.com/runningwithrifles ... r_send.zip

Update 21st May: added examples for most of commands and parameters, with some brief explanation for some.

rwr_send.zip has tools that can send/query/monitor data into/out from a running rwr_server or rwr_game instance. The regular game build, rwr_game, needs to have its metagame interface enabled by running it with "metagame" parameter for this stuff to work.

rwr_send.php feeds the given parameters, XML files, to the listening RWR instance, you can start matches with funny parameters this way or control commander AI parameters per faction or switch faction on the fly or give yourself 10k XP and RP and so on.

rwr_monitor.php listens for events from the game and prints them. Great for sniffing what kind of events and data are delivered from the game, mostly I use it myself to verify that values are what they are supposed to be when I'm adding new events.

rwr_query.php is used to issue a "query", which is like any other command sent with rwr_send, but which expects to get a result response from the game through an event like any other event similar to those listened for with e.g. rwr_monitor. Good for checking that a specific query type works. Queries are mostly used by server side scripts to get chunks of state data from the game, base statuses, player lists, vehicle lists, information about a specific vehicle, and so on.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

rwr_send.zip updated with examples.