It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 51 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 109

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:34 pm 

Is there possibly an easier way to get to the models? I'm having a little trouble...hate dealing with files at times, I'm never any good at finding the files that are hidden away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Blade Vampire wrote:
Is there possibly an easier way to get to the models? I'm having a little trouble...hate dealing with files at times, I'm never any good at finding the files that are hidden away.

If you installed RWR to the default location, you should be able to find the models in C:\Program Files (x86)\Running with rifles\media\models, at least on Windows 7.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 pm 

Ah, ok cool i see now. And with the Voxel...it's just like any other program to click to start up? For some odd reason, mine when i click it brings up a small black box with command prompts showing for about a half second, and then it disappears and nothing happens....I'm sorry, I sound like I'm hopeless when it comes to computers... T_T

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Sproxel, the voxel editing tool, is just like any other application with its window and all, but sproxel2rwr is just a simple command line converter between Sproxel and RWR models. Basically, you need to get to command prompt and use sproxel2rwr from there giving some parameters to it according to its usage instructions, which can be viewed by just running sproxel2rwr without any parameters.

If you're not that familiar with this kind of stuff, you might want to wait until the RWR voxel editor is released.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:31 am 

Sorry for rezzing such a dead thread (VERY dead), but the RwRconvert download link is dead. I'm coming here instead of the RwR Voxel Editor because one of my models (and a very painful one to make at that) just won't open the editor. :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:07 am 

RwRconvert download link is dead. Please give me new link. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:26 pm 

I have no clue what i did wrong... but i seem to not be able to do this, I'm pretty sure i did everything right up to the point that i get done with the commands, (on the video on youtube a file popped up and he went from there) but i cant do that because no file popped up... im not sure what to do next...
I downloaded the game from steam, and i cannot find the files on my pc. is that the problem? If so, how do i fix it?

Help me! please!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:33 am 

SwiftWolf232 wrote:
- RwRConvert - Version 0.1 -4) After conversion, open the csv file in Sproxel. Do your custom editing. Save.

Looks like the Blockstorm Editor.

Wald

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:29 pm 

I realise this post is beyond dead, but I'll give this a shot either way, seeing as I would really love this tool...
Since the link is dead, is there any chance that anybody here has the file? More specifically - downloaded it before the link went dead?

If so, I would be extremely thankful if you could upload it to eg. mediafire and send me the link (Either as a reply or PM, doesn't matter)
Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:06 pm 

SwiftWolf232 wrote:
- RwRConvert - Version 0.1 -

This tool enables you to convert any Running With Rifles model file, into a voxel file usable by Sproxel, the free Voxel editor.
You can get Sproxel free at: http://code.google.com/p/sproxel/

NOTE: The current version does not allow the addition of new voxels, just changing the color of existing ones.
(Will be in the next version)

Please be sure to leave a message, if you have any bugs/problems.

Important Tips:
- Press G in Sproxel to disable the grid (Speeds it up a lot!!!)
- Use the Pencil/Bucket icon in Sproxel as it only replaces existing ones (so you don't add any new ones by accident)

Usage Guide

1) Choose any game model to edit under: %install dir%\rwr\media\models\

2) Copy it to where your rwrconvert.exe is (Create a backup first!)

3) From the command-line, run rwrconvert.exe like so:
rwrconvert tocsv OriginalModel.xml NewModel.csv

4) After conversion, open the csv file in Sproxel. Do your custom editing. Save.

5) From the command-line, run rwrconvert.exe again to convert back:
rwrconvert tocsv NewModel.csv NewModel.xml OriginalModel.xml

6) Overwrite the game's model with your new NewModel.xml (in this case) in the models directory.

7) PLAY!!! Enjoy :)

Where is the DL for rwrconver.exe??