It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:44 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 74

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Modding questions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm 

just copy the grenade projectile, rename it and change the stats of the renamed projectile file

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm 

ZnasVecKo wrote:
joneau wrote:
3. a weapon. which could use arcing would be bow but i think there arent animations for that. i recommend trieing to do a crossbow (of course i can assist with that if you want)

I'll see what I can do about that. Always wanted to make one.

i have a hud texture for it and a model of the crossbow if i didnt accidentally remove it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

ZnasVecKo wrote:
pasik wrote:

4. t=s/v <=> s=tv. You can set the time_to_live in a projectile, it is 3.0 seconds if you leave it undefined. The vanilla bullets use 1 second.

Grenade throwing is hardcoded in throw logic. It's currently using all sorts of control variables like a throw distance limit to consider throwing in a curve or just directly to target, throwing speed for the curved throw and direct throw, target max height for the curve middle point to get the direction and magnitude for the throw, max throw speed to cap it, final randomization, and a few helper factors that just seem to help it all function better.

I will expose these once the game needs to support multiple throwables, and it will.

4 is now clear to me. Thanks again!

About the grenade throwing, will it be modable at any point, and is it possible to make a gun have falloff like it (for the grenade launcher)?

AT Grenade?

I believe so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm 

pasik wrote:
ZnasVecKo wrote:
pasik wrote:

4. t=s/v <=> s=tv. You can set the time_to_live in a projectile, it is 3.0 seconds if you leave it undefined. The vanilla bullets use 1 second.

Grenade throwing is hardcoded in throw logic. It's currently using all sorts of control variables like a throw distance limit to consider throwing in a curve or just directly to target, throwing speed for the curved throw and direct throw, target max height for the curve middle point to get the direction and magnitude for the throw, max throw speed to cap it, final randomization, and a few helper factors that just seem to help it all function better.

I will expose these once the game needs to support multiple throwables, and it will.

4 is now clear to me. Thanks again!

About the grenade throwing, will it be modable at any point, and is it possible to make a gun have falloff like it (for the grenade launcher)?

AT Grenade?

I believe so.

Hooray!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm 

joneau wrote:
ZnasVecKo wrote:
joneau wrote:
3. a weapon. which could use arcing would be bow but i think there arent animations for that. i recommend trieing to do a crossbow (of course i can assist with that if you want)

I'll see what I can do about that. Always wanted to make one.

i have a hud texture for it and a model of the crossbow if i didnt accidentally remove it

Already converting the sounds for it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:28 pm 

Another question!
Is it possible to make more than one "bullet" class projectiles usable at once. At this moment it gives me a ctd.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

ZnasVecKo wrote:
Another question!
Is it possible to make more than one "bullet" class projectiles usable at once. At this moment it gives me a ctd.

If by that you mean to shoot different types of bullets from the same weapon, it's not supported.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:36 pm 

pasik wrote:
ZnasVecKo wrote:
Another question!

If by that you mean to shoot different types of bullets from the same weapon, it's not supported.

No. By that I mean the arrow projectile for my crossbow does not want to work. I can either have it be grenade class or have the model.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

ZnasVecKo wrote:
pasik wrote:
ZnasVecKo wrote:
Another question!

No. By that I mean the arrow projectile for my crossbow does not want to work. I can either have it be grenade class or have the model.

I'm not sure I understand. "I can either have it be grenade class or have the model" -- does that mean that if you make it as grenade class, it doesn't have a model, and that if you make it as a bullet class, it has the model?

From that it seems you want to make it as grenade class, but it doesn't have the model then. I think that should work just fine, there are rockets, mortars and hand grenades which are using a model just fine with grenade class logic.

If I understood you incorrectly, so that you actually meant that if you make it as a bullet, the model doesn't work then, then I'm equally confused. If I hack bullet.projectile with <model mesh_filename="grenade.xml" /> I can clearly see every bullet having the grenade model with it just fine.

Can you clarify what is the issue actually?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:25 pm 

pasik wrote:
I'm not sure I understand. "I can either have it be grenade class or have the model" -- does that mean that if you make it as grenade class, it doesn't have a model, and that if you make it as a bullet class, it has the model?

From that it seems you want to make it as grenade class, but it doesn't have the model then. I think that should work just fine, there are rockets, mortars and hand grenades which are using a model just fine with grenade class logic.

If I understood you incorrectly, so that you actually meant that if you make it as a bullet, the model doesn't work then, then I'm equally confused. If I hack bullet.projectile with <model mesh_filename="grenade.xml" /> I can clearly see every bullet having the grenade model with it just fine.

Can you clarify what is the issue actually?

You understood me incorrectly. Maybe it is a problem with the model.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next