RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 116

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 am 
Site Admin

DoomMetal wrote:
pasik wrote:
What would this mobile spawn point "vehicle" actually represent, who knows :) A door in the middle of nowhere would be my favorite :lol:

Couldn't this be accomplished by simply copying the spawn truck, making it immobile and then changing the model with a door?

Yes it would.

DoomMetal wrote:
Actually. I think I'm gonna suggest a Image.

Haha, even better! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:30 am 

I vote for this idea ! :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:15 pm 

I get it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 am 

Bump

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

So, where are we with this? What's missing? :)

I think this could already be done quite far actually:
* it's possible to disable base capturing as a whole (init_match.xml)
* it's possible to set your faction have much less bots compared to the enemy (or enemies), set their accuracies (init_match.xml)
* it's possible to set your faction to have one base (init_match.xml)
* it's possible to designate a base for your faction in the map, so that you'll always have a specific base (objects.svg)
* it's possible to setup vests that allows you to take plenty of hits, with configurable none/wound/stun results (vest2.xml), or you could have single-stage "armor percentage" item, which you can wear more pieces than just one in the vest equipment slot --> health for the hero mode
* I believe it's possible to mod in a way to create spawn points (through having a call or a weapon to spawn a vehicle that has a spawn point, use your imagination what the thing looks like) -- I'm not sure, but with some hacks you might even be able to create that spawn point high in the air -> triggers a chute for the player for the drop (call, weapon and vehicle files, check armored_truck.vehicle for the spawn point, take a look at tank.call and tow_resource.weapon)
* faction specific weapon support is there (faction XML files can be used directly to enforce faction specific resources, green.xml has an example commented out)
* a simple objective that doesn't need scripts could be to destroy a static target (take a mesh, e.g. church, radio tower, armory, anything, turn it into a stationary vehicle (see tow.vehicle for how to make it stationary) with some health, and give lots of reward for harming it, open the map in inkscape and add that vehicle in the enemy territory)
* a vehicle delivery objective logic is there (to get it running for a quick match, you'd need to start the script manually in CLI, and create the basis for the gamemode script possibly ripping out the important pieces from gamemode_invasion.php -- 0.91 should allow a way to start scripts for quick matches, once we have gained trust that people have no problems running the campaign in 0.90)
* not really needed for this mod I guess, but there will be a simple charge behavior in 0.91 for AI that carries a primary weapon that can only be used for melee purposes, imagine baseball bats, pitchforks, shovels, swords, fists, legs.. a few animations would go a long way :P Having to run away from 10ish Browns attacking with lethal medikits was pure fun

I can of course provide help to set these things up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 am 

Now all we need is a new map for this!

Well, shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:46 pm 

Well I knew a few guys that know scripting, let me contact them and see where we can go from there.

All your talk of spawning as a paratrooper got me got all hot and bothered Pasik.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Here's a kind of spin-off idea between Behind Enemy Lines and vanilla blended with a bit of Doom: you all know BroForce, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUqtRQrCurk

Player faction set up with 0 AI, you play coop only, every map starts with player faction having one base like in Invasion. Numerous but not hugely capable enemy AI defends the bases only, set not to attack, and doesn't use spawning -- all the forces they have are the ones they had at the start of a map. You have clearly superior weapons, lots of grenades, bazookas, mortars, maybe even tank calls. Your task is to clear and capture the bases as usual.

The action could be kept extra tight by e.g. allowing players to respawn only by flares (invisible vehicle with mobile spawn point high in air) or using something like the prison similar in BroForce (immovable vehicle owned by player faction, initially set stolen by the enemy (to disable the spawn point), with mobile spawn point capable of spawning one soldier).

Moreover, weapons could be set to have low encumbrance values so that you could carry a lot of them in backpack, encouraging "arsenal mode" that vanilla tries to avoid so much :)

Icing on the cake, the models would look like action movie heroes based on e.g. the equipped primary weapon.

Too bad destructible terrain won't make it to 1.0, that would've been huge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:02 pm 

All I heard was
pasik wrote:

So your saying you are making destructible terrain....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 am 

newabortion wrote:
All I heard was
pasik wrote:

So your saying you are making destructible terrain....

what else it could be?