It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:05 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 22

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 am 

Running with Rifles has really captured my attention. I like it because it's something new, and appeals to my tactical war loving self :D. I see a lot of potential in this game and I hope that word will soon spread about it, as I am making sure to tell everyone on my Steam Friends, and everyone on my communities' forum about this game.

So this is my Suggestion...Idea...Yeah...
Well first off, I've read plenty of suggestions made by others. So if you're like "I already said that" yes, you probably have, I'm just backing you up/ giving my own opinion.

Well for starters, The whole Squad Concept.
I really like how it works with the whole, you rank up and people start to follow you and you can lead your own little squad of troops into battles. That's pretty sweet, and I think it'd be a bit cooler if we had some like Squad Leader commands we could use. Like perhaps a button that pops open a quick menu with commands and you select one and then your squad would carry it out. Commands like Hold Position, Fire at Will, Hold your fire(until shot upon of course), Follow me. Stuff like that I suppose would work fine. Although, I'm not quite sure if you already have all of that, but it's executed differently. If that's the case, I guess just forget that Idea.

Something else nice might be once you Rank up high enough you can Plot out plans on a map. So that way, you can control more than one squad, or even your entire army. Setting up perimeters, Flanking Manuevers and just attacks in different areas at one time. I'd enjoy that.

Now we move on to the Vehicles...
Yes, some might argue a war game isn't complete without Tanks crushing people mercilessly as they drive on the battlefield.
But I do like the Idea of Halftracks, Jeeps, and Tanks.

-Halftracks because, I could see them carrying a large amount of troops to different areas, plus they have a Machine Gunner but as someone pointed out in another post, the MG is VERY vulnerable because of the lack of plating around him. Halftracks also arn't as fast as Jeeps which make them a slow target. You could also have Halftracks containing Supplies. E.G. if you need to Resupply on Grenades or Ammunition you can have a Halftrack drive over to your squad and drop a container of the Supply down. This Container would only have a certain amount of Supply though, unlike normal resupply containers around the map.

-Jeeps because they are Fast, but weak. Maybe it could have a Machine Gunner on the back also? That would help a lot at times. They'd be helpful for Reconnaissance, and say if there's a small squad taking over a very unprotected location, you can dispatch this fella and he'll drive out there and try to take them out.

-Tanks...OOoooOoOoOo....TANKS! Well if you're going to add tanks, they should be Light or Medium Tanks. They could move either as fast as a normal soldier or a bit slower than a jeep.(Which is faster than a Normal soldier, AmIRight?:D).
Light Tanks, because well, if you're going to add tanks in a game with a lot about "Infantry" You're not going to stick a King Tiger Heavy Tank in the middle of a Rifle fight. So Light Tanks would be the best bet. They have small cannons and shoot with good timing(Not super fast, yet not boringly slow) Now Medium Tanks. Those would be for all you Tank people out there who can't stand driving a puny light tank! Why settle for a Tin Can when you can have a Medium Sized Tank that holds up well against most competitors! Light Tanks would scuttle and flee at the sight of enemy Medium Tanks rolling in! Nah not really.
I personally wouldn't put Medium Tanks in, but I'm sure there are some few great reasons some of the users could give for them! R-right?....

-Alright. Next up is Helicopters!
No Thanks.

-Alright, what about Planes!
Maybe, as some sort of Call-In.
Say you control an Airport, or you take over a base that Contains a Radio Transmitter. Well then you can call in a Strafing, or BOMBING RUN! Against enemy Positions. Of course, with a Cooldown that is! Who doesn't like watching marching enemy soldiers get mowed down by relentless Airplanes firing at them with Machine Guns?!?!

-Mortars?
That might be cool. Depends how they would work in the game. I personally stand borderline on this one.
What about Artillery!
What about it? You already want Mortars and Bombing runs!

Next we move on to the FINAL SUGGESTIONS!

I made these SUPERSWEETAWESOMEINCREDIBLYWELLDESIGNED Map Layouts.
I hate explaining things, and I didn't have time to draw. So these are what I made in Paint
Exhibit A: TRENCH WAREFARE
Who doesn't like a map about nothing but Trenches? Both sides start Ground level at either two areas. The Top Tents or Lower Tents. They then move to the first Trench zone. They can then move to the Second. That is a base you can capture. In the Middle:No mans Land. Another Base. Extremely had to capture since it's not a trench. Then You make your way to a symmetrical base as yours and take their second trench base and move in to take out their tents.
Here's my Drawing I praise so highly!:)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/ ... refare.jpg

Exhibit B:The City Mountain Place...Of....WAR!!!!!!!!
There's a large Hill/Mountain On the top of the map that has a Trench Bunker sort of deal on it. It can only be accessed by THREE areas. The Left and right sides of the mountains and the bottom Middle where a Bridge leads to the mountain from the Large City. The Large City is at the Bottom of the map, it will contain a more than one base to capture. The two bases you start at are:Goodies=Military Fort| Baddies=Entrenched Temp. Base.
The temp base is basically an entrenched area with sandbags and Camo-Netting all around it. Set as a temporary base of operations.
Here's MY ULTRA COOL DRAWING I MADE!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/ ... ything.jpg

Obviously these are just quick things I did in Paint. I'm a REALLY good artist with a pad and pen or pencil. Trust me.
Things I'd also like to see:
-A circle around the soldier you control on the ground. Singleplayer it would be Blue, while in Multiplayer you can customize the color based off of presets.
-Maybe new weapons like the Bazooka and you can only carry 2 shots or an LMG like the M60 or any LMG that fits the game.
perhaps a very short ranged FLAMETHROWER OH-M-GEE!
-A Insta-Kill Bolt Action Sniper Rifle(Maybe too OP...Maybe..)
Thanks for reading my thread, BTW It's 2:05 AM where I live, and if I misspelled ANYTHING I deeply Apologize.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 am 

I love the mountain city. =P would be epic for a King of the Hill match.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:28 am 

It'd Turn into King of the Hill even if that wasn't the Mode you picked!:D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:35 am 

McChunks wrote:
It'd Turn into King of the Hill even if that wasn't the Mode you picked!:D

True!

And that'd be epic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:37 am 

Yeah, I figured people would get what I was saying unless I illustrated it with the coolest looking foundation map you've ever laid your eyes on!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:47 am 

But yeah

Jeeps
Tanks
Planes
Mortars
Flamethrowers
RPG's
LMG's
HMG's
Snipers

- Already suggested. =P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:13 pm 

ChloChlo wrote:
I love the mountain city. =P would be epic for a King of the Hill match.

We need a king of the hill mode. That would be INTEEENSSEE!

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:29 pm 

ChloChlo wrote:
But yeah

Jeeps
Tanks
Planes
Mortars
Flamethrowers
RPG's
LMG's
HMG's
Snipers

- Already suggested. =P

Yes I realize they were suggested. I was just stating my opinion on a lot of it about.:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:45 pm 

McChunks wrote:
ChloChlo wrote:
But yeah

Jeeps
Tanks
Planes
Mortars
Flamethrowers
RPG's
LMG's
HMG's
Snipers

- Already suggested. =P

Yes I realize they were suggested. I was just stating my opinion on a lot of it about.:)

And opinions count for everyone! :D

And they are nice opinions, by the way. ;)

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!