It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestions from discord
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 pm 

Some suggestions that came up in discord discussion:

-Unit G17: @pasik make it possible for projectiles to have multiple results at the same time

-Unit G17: @pasik also, vest layer cycling (going from last phase back to first) would be great, would make reparable vests possible

-Fiesty: i just wish could assign ownership to vehicles or spawns of vehicles to give player xp......then i can make legit AIRBURST type weapons that give xp/rp

-Fiesty: @Street_Veteran if only could burst fire vehicle weapons.......

-Fiesty: - add vehicles abilities of multiple spawns, positon, direction and what not to projectiles

-Street_Veteran: @pasik add firing delay parameter to weapon so we can make rocket pod truck, ie. how long it takes to fire once the trigger is pulled first time

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:45 pm 

Fiesty's request on vehicle ownership needs some explanation: since projectiles can only have 1 result class, we used dummy vehicles with time_to_live=0 to spawn more advanced stuff in. However since these dummy 'vehicles' get destroyed on their own, they won't credit the player (unlike mortar crates, that get shot by the player and thus any kills with the newly spawned mortar shells goes to the player). However if multiple results with a single projectile (like both blast and spawn at the same time) would be implemented, then probably we wouldn't need the above feature.

Another request from me: when we leave vehicles with squad command modifier (thus leaving remaining driver and/or gunner(s) behind in vehicle) it would be cool if ai would automaticly enter empty driver/gunner slots (but not passenger ones). This would not only enable us to command fully operated tanks from outside, but it would also replace lost gunners on open vehicles, like the mortar tank or the water buffalo (in pacific).

A gunner/driver hybrid vehicle slot would be amazing, would let modders make single seater hit and run vehicles (I know a mod in progress that may need it)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:15 am 

I mentioned this on the discord as well. class="melee_hit_result" is ignored on shield region weapons. Melee passes through shields, hitting the player. I believe this is an oversight in vanilla, as vanilla shields do not even attempt to account for melee hits. It is part of the deliberate balance of the current shields to be weak to stabbing. But for mods that are melee heavy, such as Medieval, Zombie, or Bugwar mods, it is a needed function.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Street Veteran wrote:
Some suggestions that came up in discord discussion:

-Unit G17: @pasik make it possible for projectiles to have multiple results at the same time

This one has been on my list too. I almost started working on it at some point this year but figured the AI depends on checking the one and only trigger/result to evaluate what the projectile does. Didn't think of it back then that for most things it would be enough for the AI to check the first pair only and make decisions based on that.

Quote:
-Unit G17: @pasik also, vest layer cycling (going from last phase back to first) would be great, would make reparable vests possible

I thought this would work already.

Quote:
-Street_Veteran: @pasik add firing delay parameter to weapon so we can make rocket pod truck, ie. how long it takes to fire once the trigger is pulled first time

I've heard of a few variations of this request in the past too, e.g. allow a shooting animation to control when the firing really takes place instead of only playing a recoil animation as a response to firing the weapon (though I guess that wouldn't help with a vehicle weapon..). So far I haven't gone there as the area of logic related to it has been pretty prone to stuck characters in the past, and I prefer not see that happen again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:41 pm 

Add TK penalty timer and notification to the player screen. Most new players have no idea they are penalized. Some even re-install the game because they cannot enter the vehicle :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

The penalty display would be nice, yeah. Too bad it's not an internal feature and there's no support for displaying random timers all around the screen.

Could be one of things to redesign among other usability related stuff we intend to improve next year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 pm 

Maybe send private chat message every one minute to tell how much is left?