It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:49 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 78

All times are UTC

Post subject: Melee weapons?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:33 am 

Yeah, yeah, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post and it's a suggestion. what a wonderful intro isn't it? :)

*Ahem* Anyways, I've been thinking about melee weapons that you could equip as a secondary or primary, depending on what it is exactly. I'm not talking about "fancy" shmancy weeaboo mile long OC enchanted Katana crap. Most would be in the secondary slot, but more bigger options would be in the primary. Secondary melees could be found from officers/elites and rarely on a regular unit. The rare primaries could be found in Gift boxes.

These melee weapons would have something over the standard knife that makes it desirable to use over it (if you're that kinda Huey). The qualities could be from longer reach, vehicle damage, or even explosions (see below).

Some ideas for possible weapons could be
[*]Various swords
[*]Hammers
[*]Axes
[*]misc. Melees
[*]Explosive makeshift melees (basically, C4 strapped onto them)

I'm not so sure about the makeshift melees and how you would get them, but I feel like all melees could be a semi-viable option if you know what you're doing with the right stuff.

The qualities I've thought of that that could have are
[*]Longer reach (almost all of them)
[*]Better AP (Guaranteed to down Elites and kill EODs, would be a rare quality.)
[*]Explosion on contact of a swing (would vary, but would at least deal grenade damage on lower tiers, and most likely kill user)
[*]Vehicle damage (mostly on hammers, not too much damage but could easily add up if you got a few more players to swarm that APC)
[*]Ability to block melee attacks (different weapons would have different block thresh holds so something like a saber couldn't block a sledgehammer, but might stagger someone using the same weapon)
^stagger would be like being stunned, except it would be short and you wouldn't be as vunrelable. Probably would be something like stumbling back.

I can definitely see this as something a lot less serious and more for just having fun pretending to guide the server to take back the holy lands while simultaneously selling Glock 17s for undies.

Well, that was an Idea I had. I would appreciate your thoughts on the idea.

Post subject: Re: Melee weapons?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 am 

Melee in it's current state is acceptable, but not perfect. You can't block, parry, or otherwise avoid getting shanked when someone is in range and stabs first, and it's a stretch to add in that kind of thing now.

However, might I add that during the development of Running with Rifles: Pacific there arose the need to expand on the melee system in RWR a bit. Therefore the ability to change the melee animation, the melee range, the kill chance of melee stabs (akin to the kill chance of bullets, meaning you could have this weapon's melee go through multiple layers of vest) as well as vehicle damage on any weapon you desired was added. Useful for things like bayonets and other things. :) And that functionality has already been added to vanilla, so feel free to toy with it!