It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 43 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 72

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 am 

Hello! Been loving the game so far, but I think that the campaign could use some modernizing. Currently (I haven't beaten it but have made it through a couple maps) it's a linear progression through different "instances" until, presumably, you end with the final map. This isn't particularly interesting or advanced; it's basically there if you want to have a character that ranks up slower and plays on different maps, compared to Instant Action.
Spoiler:

One thing this game really reminds me of is Star Wars Battlefront. Tactical but not aggressively so, you can easily lose a couple of hours kicking back and blasting some dudes. My favorite part about SW:BF is the Galactic Conquest mode. You had to unlock classes and power up your team by completing missions and controlling zones, which generated points for you to spend on both permanent upgrades and temporary boosts to your team. A later game that did something similar was Cortex Command, which didn't really explore unlocking classes but did give you a budget of points to spend on attacking and building defenses on maps on the planet.
Spoiler:

I think that this game would really jive with this model of campaign. Guns are basically classes, so as you successfully capture maps and accumulate wealth from captured territories per turn, you could spend those points (Separate from RP) on new weapons, tools, vehicles, and radio calls. You could also use those points on having defensive positions set up if you are attacked at that location... or buildings that increase the territory's per-turn wealth bonus (You'd better keep them from blowing up!).

To attack a location, you would move around a convoy just like you would a carrier in SW:BF. That allows territories not at the frontlines to be built up and secured. Perhaps attacking an enemy convoy with one of your own could create a random instanced wilderness/road encounter. Maybe the temporary bonus idea can be worked in from SW:BF as well: for instance, a garrison bonus that increases your side's "capacity" percentage for that map.

I don't really want to get into the specifics of how everything works, since I don't have the modding know-how; nor do I know if all of my ideas could work with the game's engine. I just wanted to see what people thought about the campaign and if they would rather see something like I have suggested. Thanks folks! :D