It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 42 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 am 

Hi everybody, first of all, i want to state that i have more than 40 hours accumulated in RWR, so that post is the product of my own experiencie.

THE REASON:

I have been playing SP and MP, and in both modes I realized that one of the biggest advantatges of RWR is the inmersion of the gameplay. The battle between covers, with a slowly advancing front is impressive, and a sensation that I haven't been able to see in, barely, any other game. One specific situation of this mechanic appears with vehicles, for example, when you are slowly advancing trough a street, covering the tank while using it as cover, it actually feels like playing combined operations in Arma3 with a more accesible gameplay.

But, sadly this isn't a very common situation, as long as many vehicles appear in their own bases, far from the front (Usually), so only in early phases players are encouraged to drive those vehicles, being that the "die fast/return fast" gameplay mechanic of RWR doesn't match with the fact of returning to your HQ just to pick up a vehicle that may be destroyed in the first minute of gameplay.

THE SUGESTION:

1-
Just add calls to get APCs and Faction jeeps.
Just this two, first of all they match with th tank call because you are only using your faction's vehicles.
APC: Just to have acces to an IFV, and also the transpor cpacity, not too OP like the vulcan, and mainly, because it's a cool vehicle, and it suffers too much the problem mentioned before, when the game advances players just forget it.
Jeep: Sometimes you just need transport, and the HUMVE/bugie are also too useful to just use them as transport, just add the jeep and make it cheaper.

2-
Vehicle repair kits, nothing to say about this, there are too many posts suggesting that. The point is making the vehicles a bit more autonomous, so reciving a rocket wouldn't convict you to lose that 20% of health, as long as you would be able to repair it at a cost.

AND WHAT ABOUT BALANCE?

The balance of the game won't be affected:
Feeling OP with acces to those vehicles? This would never happen, as long as players already have acces to tanks via calls, and I have never seen a game with anybody spaming tanks (1000 RP is the perfect price to avoid spaming while incetivating tank gameplay), this is why the APC should cost arroud 800RP, to avoid spaming, but make APC accesible to all of those who want to enjoy it's gameplay.

Spaming with jeeps? Nothing to say, there wouldn't be any problem that doesn't exists with the rubber boats, the price should be arround 100RP so you should think twice before using it every spawn you have.

So all in all, balance of the game won't suffer a bit.

WHY IT IS A GOOD IDEA?

All in all, we could think "If it doesn't affects balance or gameplay... ¿Why should we implement this?", easy, in my opinion, thos two vehicles are there in the game, but don't get enough attention, and that would be as easy as adding them at the calls, so... why not in the next update? They are both good mechanichs (Principaly the APC, it feels so inmersing to fight with/against one), so let them gain some protagonism.

EXTRA:
Also that is my personal opinion, but i feel like the green APC design is too lazy copared to the gray/brown ones... is there any chance of changing it? maybe make it more detailed. Just a personal opinion though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm 

Actually apc is more OP than the vulcan because it can actually damage tanks and transport more soldiers also the vulcan turret turns at 2 degrees per second or something retardedly slow also devs already told me before that apc is very powerful already for capping points so they probably wont add it as a drop in

if there was a jeep call for only 100 rp in i see friendly teamkills by roadkill rising in 500000% so yeah lets make the game more autistic

btw green apc is awesome as it can fit through slots the gray apc (second widest) and the brown apc (widest) cant fit through also it transports the most soldiers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 am 

Anyways, tanks are also very powerful and there is nothing like an abuse of them in online matches, and if it is true that the APC is stronger than the tank, it could be easily contrarested by making it a bit more expensive.
About jeeps... yep that's true, the just make them cost 250RP

And... the green apc measures and stats doesent need to be changed, just the design, if you compare it to others, it's very obvious that it is a very early version of an APC, and the first one that appeared, so it would bee cool to just update the skin of the APC (without making it bigger or lowering the troop cap) making it similar to a real one, like the stryker, its design feels too basic