It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 43

All times are UTC

Post subject: EMERGENCY Supply Drop
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 am 

May I present to you, the ALL RWR SUPPLY DROP!
Concept Images

Purpose
To add more logistics and tactical elements into the game by adding a supply drop. Yes, supply drops exist in real life, too.

Uses
To serve as an air droppable pseudo-armory where players need to quickly access a functioning armory in situations where:
-they couldn't leave
-armory truck is destroyed with none close by
-armory truck is too far away and you want to access a functioning substitute quicker
-have an armory substitute conveniently accessible on the roof
-armory truck gets destroyed and will take while to wait for it to respawn and to bring to the frontlines
etc.

Proposed Dimensions L x W x H (meters)
6 x 4 x 5; 5 x 5 x 5; 5 x 3 x 4; 3 x 4 x 5

Capacity(100 already occupied with 50 available space left)
150 items

Proposed contents(faction specific stock weapons only)
-5 assault rifles
-5 machine guns
-5 sniper rifles
-5 sandbags
-40 grenades
-20 medkits
-15 rpgs(costs 4 apiece)
-5 shields
Content Value: 265

Total cost to Call(contents value paid for included)

Health
If destroyed, contents inside will disperse on ground

Life span
20-30 minutes until decay (contents still inside will disperse on the ground)

Other Information
All the contents inside are already paid for and are free. You cannot sell stuff to the box, it serves as a temporary versatile tactical armory/storage.

You may wonder, since all the stuff is free to take, what happens if a troll decides to take everything inside to sell it. Well, the thing is, all the stuff that was pre-supplied in the box are worthless. Their RP value are all 0. The assault rifles, grenades, and everything that was already inside have no value if you sell them to a real armory. Because they are technically not identical to their identical counterparts. For example, if you have AK47s that originally came inside the drop and you decide to put in some more AK47s that did not originally came in the drop, they will not be compiled together to indicate they are "different" with one group thats worth 0 while the other have value on them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:01 am 

Check out the D-Day Defense mod - it's got as close to this as you can get (it's a droppable armory, for all practical purposes). I don't think there's a way to limit weapons like that, though, unless pasik has been hiding things from me. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:55 am 

The Soldier wrote:
Check out the D-Day Defense mod - it's got as close to this as you can get (it's a droppable armory, for all practical purposes). I don't think there's a way to limit weapons like that, though, unless pasik has been hiding things from me. :)

I shall see later on. I was completely unaware theres one like that already in a mod.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:35 am 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
I shall see later on. I was completely unaware theres one like that already in a mod.
Well, in that case you may start playing mods more frequently at the expense of less writing. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 pm 

That's right, having limited amount of resources in an item container is not supported.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:32 am 

JackMayol wrote:
That's right, having limited amount of resources in an item container is not supported.

What if there actually isn't an armory, and instead drops a box that, upon breaking, spawns all the said items, but have a designation like the rares, that keeps them from despawning for a few minutes? These designations would apply the item duplicates that would be worth 0 RP as Refridgerator Raider suggested. Would that be possible?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:06 am 

TrenchEngineer wrote:
What if there actually isn't an armory, and instead drops a box that, upon breaking, spawns all the said items, but have a designation like the rares, that keeps them from despawning for a few minutes? These designations would apply the item duplicates that would be worth 0 RP as Refridgerator Raider suggested. Would that be possible?

That would work - but it's a pretty tedious process, as you have to make a new weapon file for every weapon you want that will come out, across every faction. For secondaries and grenades, they also won't stack, so a hand grenade gotten from this emergency crate won't stack with hand grenade you spawned with, for example.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 am 

The Soldier is perfectly right