It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 45 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 125

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:33 am 

[img]Update%20note:[/img]
I have significantly changed this guns stats from a rail sniper to a 3 round burst battle rifle
this minigame called "Endless War 3" is where I got my inspiration for this weapons concept.
http://666games.net/Violent/Flash/Play/334/fullscreen.php
Once you go to the main screen, go to the "WW3 Humans" campaign, the first mission with the default selected weapon the Gauss rifle is already there. press spacebar to alt fire it.

Description:
Intelligence has reported that the enemy has researched and developed a prototype for a highly advanced weaponry from top secret research facility "Area 69". Along with the Dark Cat, its advanced technological features makes them a force to be reckoned with. Its exact nature is unknown, but based on what we can gather, it is powered entirely using magnets without any gun powder. The barrels are lined along the axis with rows of technologically advanced super magnets that accelerate the projectile, hurling it at super high speed. It is a projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerate a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile to high velocity. The result is a highly powerful rail weapon. More information is needed to understand this superweapon. But based on what we can gather, a working prototype is at Area 69. It is a priority to recover this weapon for further study.

Concepts

Suggested Stats

Names: Gauss Rifle
Type: Gauss Rifle, 3 Round Burst Auto
Price: 1000
Magazine Size: 21
Fire Rate: 300 RPM (3 round burst) (1.666...s firing intervals)
Accuracy Factor: 1
Recoil: 6
Recoil Recovery: 1.5
Kill Probability:
1st: 3
2nd: 2.75
3rd: 2.25
4th: 1.5
5th: 0.5
6th: 0

Could kill a row a soldiers (formula is 3- .25x where x=sequence)

Other Information
There could be two suggested concept ways on how to acquire this weapon.

The first one is this weapon could only be found inside Area 69 in a damaged indestructible crate(after all, such highly advanced technology deserves the best security) that needs 1 special key to be opened. The keys can only be found in Area 69 and dropped by an officer (one key per officer) with the same chance as an VSS Vintorez and only inside the Area 69 zone. This makes it even more rare and difficult to get. Not only this, because the chest is damaged, there is only a 30% chance that the keys will open the chest, and the keys are SINGLE USE as the security features will render the keys void. This adds tradable value to the keys. This adds even more difficulty in procuring this weapon.

Or less preferably have an officer wielding this weapon with pinpoint accuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljQtl1tsEQY
Sound effect should be similar to this one

Last edited by RefrigerRaider on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:40 am 

Can't have a projectile going through multiple soldiers, just game engine doesn't allow it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:54 am 

The Soldier wrote:
Can't have a projectile going through multiple soldiers, just game engine doesn't allow it.

Actually setting speed over 400 gltiches the game and does that....

Though lining it up to do that is nearly impossible. (seriously I have had a working railgun made for a while in my test files)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 am 

if overpenetration is not possible then that is fine.

Although In game rockets that hits an enemy but not the ground or other objects will not detonate the rocket but kill that enemy and itll keep flying.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 am 

Yea, rockets are able to go through multiple enemies. However, for this to happen, the rocket needs high damage - to make it do what you want, it would need 6 damage, which is even more than the Javelin, except this is a primary weapon and reloadable. Even weapons like these have to be balanced.

However, how often are you going to be able to line up more than one AI? I feel like that's a very rare occurrence, would make this weapon very niche.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:49 am 

The Soldier wrote:
Yea, rockets are able to go through multiple enemies. However, for this to happen, the rocket needs high damage - to make it do what you want, it would need 6 damage, which is even more than the Javelin, except this is a primary weapon and reloadable. Even weapons like these have to be balanced.

However, how often are you going to be able to line up more than one AI? I feel like that's a very rare occurrence, would make this weapon very niche.

it is a mere novelty, a collectors item,.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:12 pm 

I my experience, the devs don't like a weapon to be merely a collector's item or a wall hanger - they want the thing to actually be useful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:45 pm 

The Soldier wrote:
I my experience, the devs don't like a weapon to be merely a collector's item or a wall hanger - they want the thing to actually be useful.

Pepperdust sucks like a black hole tho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:45 pm 

Zed wrote:
The Soldier wrote:

Pepperdust sucks like a black hole tho

Pepperduster is actually useful in a suport role a close range flasher, it also works in stealth while the flasher does not.

Ok this file is way out of date but I can show it as most of it is either shot down or mod fodder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2gr38 ... _mod_3.zip

should have the railgun in it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:16 pm 

RefrigerRaider wrote:
Description:
Other Information
There could be two suggested concept ways on how to acquire this weapon.

The first one is this weapon could only be found inside Area 69 in a damaged indestructible crate(after all, such highly advanced technology deserves the best security) that needs 1 special key to be opened. The keys can only be found in Area 69 and dropped by an officer (one key per officer) with the same chance as an VSS Vintorez and only inside the Area 69 zone. This makes it even more rare and difficult to get. Not only this, because the chest is damaged, there is only a 30% chance that the keys will open the chest, and the keys are SINGLE USE as the security features will render the keys void. This adds tradable value to the keys. This adds even more difficulty in procuring this weapon.

Or less preferably have an officer wielding this weapon with pinpoint accuracy.

what about this? does anyone like the idea of the steps and process on how to acquire one?