RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 52 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 137

All times are UTC

Post subject: BMT Micro is crap.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:29 am 

Hello there.

I think I've finally managed to buy RWR, which is really cool. :D

But I had a hard time using BMT Micro. While it might be a good offer for software developers, it's definitely not good for the end-user. It's just one more step before proceeding to payment, and was not a good experience to use. I've had to try twice on the built-in credit card manager and finally got it working trough PayPal, and there after there is some wait time. Why not use something more traditional?

Just a small notice,
Paf.

Edit: In case you're handling activations or something and wonder... Yes, buying three copies was on purpose. :oops:

Post subject: Re: BMT Micro is crap.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the input. I'm aware of some of the problems with BMTMicro, the seemingly random password blocking due to regional IP tracking being the biggest nuisance.

When RWR was about to move on to the pre-purchase model, I evaluated several software distribution services. Most of them didn't have proper support for free updates or it would have required too much manual work, which ruled out most of the candidates. At that time, there were no game-related distribution services that would have accepted alpha/beta-grade software, or at least I wasn't aware of one.

I tried BMTMicro myself with PayPal, and to me the experience was fine as any service I've used. I got the download links immediately on the after-purchase page and the e-mail came within 10 minutes. This quick test left me with the impression that the purchase process seems really good. I now know that the experience hasn't been that fluent with some others, it seems that especially the credit card processing has some nasty delays on BMTMicro.

Ever since, Desura has added support for the alpha-fund/pre-purchase system which would seem like a good place for RWR, also I've been in contact with IndieCity to make RWR available there through the Underground service, but it isn't open yet.

My intention has been that when I've completed implementing certain features for the game, I'll bring RWR to these services too. I'm confident that account transfers from BMTMicro to one of these is possible, for those who wish to use another service instead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:22 pm 

Well, after four hours of waiting, the payment didn't go trough and as expected the charges on my credit card (trough Google Checkout) weren't yet removed. :S

While this isn't related to a suggestion... would it be possible to arrange payment trough PayPal's donation system instead?
I'll be on IRC for this matter. :roll:

Thanks,
Paf.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Absolutely. Just leave me a note/comment when making the donation through PayPal, that you wish to pre-purchase the game and gain access to the beta releases. I can then open an account on BMTMicro for you instantly, so you'll get the download links. Each BMTMicro account is bound to an e-mail address, so also let me know which address(es) the download links should be sent to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 pm 

Well, thanks pasik for handling the account creation manually. :)
But BMT Micro blocked all three passwords, as seen here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=277

BMT Micro = :evil:

Thanks,
Paf.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Unblocked them all.

EDIT: sent you a private message, I've got a theory why all your passwords were blocked.