It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:42 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 28

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm 

Jacos wrote:

But the problem with that is that it gives a huge advantage to who has the most territory. Having territory should shift the game to your favour, not mean some sort of insta-win. If capture points had something to do with classes, it would be better if they simply made them slightly more effective.

While I can agree with that, the intention would be to keep all of the classes balanced. Having medics on your team should be helpful, not a serious advantage, especially when you're pushed down to your last couple of bases and it would be quicker to just respawn than to heal everybody, stealth won't be useful in a final defense, and Engineering should be just as useful as any a rifleman.

The only point that would cause trouble would be putting vehicles in specific areas, and that would be an issue anywhere, and only if vehicles provide an advantage in combat, and that issue would still exist otherwise, with the winning team controlling more area...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 am 

Rendered wrote:
ChloChlo wrote:
Causeless wrote:
To be honest, I don't like many of these ideas. They complicate the game, and add unneeded worries.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Causeless.

I appreciate your opinion. :P

EDIT: Any suggestions for improvments to these ideas to lessen the stress?

My suggestion is to instead of making the bases satisfy NEEDS for the players, they satisfy wants.

What I mean is that, for example, if you didn't have the warehouse, you couldn't run out of ammo - BUT, if you had it, you would gain the capacity to hold 7 or 8 grenades instead of 6, or your grenades would have a higher blast radius. If you had a farm (or both), instead of needed food to fight WELL, you need food to fight BETTER - for example, with farms, you run faster, instead of just satisfying a need. You wouldn't lose accuracy, or anything major, it's just better if you have them.

It means that any team can make a comeback, whereas if you lose things, they can't.

Instead of adding worries that need fulfilled, you add improvements with you don't need, but would add an advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:14 pm 

Causeless wrote:
Rendered wrote:
ChloChlo wrote:
I'm afraid I have to agree with Causeless.

I appreciate your opinion. :P

EDIT: Any suggestions for improvments to these ideas to lessen the stress?

My suggestion is to instead of making the bases satisfy NEEDS for the players, they satisfy wants.

What I mean is that, for example, if you didn't have the warehouse, you couldn't run out of ammo - BUT, if you had it, you would gain the capacity to hold 7 or 8 grenades instead of 6, or your grenades would have a higher blast radius. If you had a farm (or both), instead of needed food to fight WELL, you need food to fight BETTER - for example, with farms, you run faster, instead of just satisfying a need. You wouldn't lose accuracy, or anything major, it's just better if you have them.

It means that any team can make a comeback, whereas if you lose things, they can't.

Instead of adding worries that need fulfilled, you add improvements with you don't need, but would add an advantage.

Ah, I see where you're getting at. Okay. :P

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!