All times are UTC

So what do you think?
Yes! 93%  93%  [ 14 ]
No! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sounds interesting so maybe. 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: New Swamp like map
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:21 pm 

Me and numerous other players agree that a map like this would be awesome!

Here is a description said by warbrand:

"What we need is a swamp map, with one or two new "naval vehicles"

basically some sort of map with lots of shallow water that rubber boats and APC's can cross but tanks, humvees, and jeeps can't intertwined with paths for patrol boats and several shanty town like villages. A map like this would be great as it would have lots of rocks and trees for cover but would be dangerous as one must be careful with their vehicles."

The main reason this idea popped up is because we were talking about a new hover craft like vehicle that could be used for transporting tanks and humvees and infantry alike.

Post subject: Re: New Swamp like map
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:33 pm 

Imho, I think this game is in need of more maps in general. I love this game to death, but the maps do tend to get stale after a while. I'd be happy with either official or modded maps, but I just want new and diverse environments to play on, damn it. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the know-how.

Christ, maybe someone will update Clairemont in the future.

All in all though, I like the idea of a swamp map. With or without new vehicles, it'd be neat to trek waist-deep in a muggy, mosquito-ridden bayou only to get ambushed from all sides by unknown combatants.

Spoiler:
Maybe we can have wildlife too? Gators, maybe? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:10 pm 

Yep a swamp or lots of islands map would be a great addition especially with a few more naval vehicles like a hovercraft

LINK for hover thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2429

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:30 pm 

If this new map does get made I would love to see some new vehicles for it. I saw some people suggest the hovercraft and I think thats a great idea! I also have a suggestion for a new vehicle that could work in deep water but also be able to walk on land. Its an inspiration of the AT TE from star wars. I know its a far reaching idea but the way it looks makes perfect sense when fighting in an environment with wide rivers and small amounts of dry land. It would have 6 passenger seats on the back (3 on each side) each being able to enter in from the sides. The passengers will be able to shoot with their guns but have no cover. On the top of the vehicle would be a turret like the ones on the regular tanks and a mg on the turret as well. It would have a total of 9 seats: 6 passengers 2 gunners 1 driver.

Attachments:
at te 2.png
at te 2.png [ 1.43 MiB | Viewed 18377 times ]
at te.jpeg
at te.jpeg [ 98.27 KiB | Viewed 18377 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:43 am 

The first picture made me so nostaligic. I loved that scene the Clone Wars Movie :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:50 pm 

After playing RWR for a while I found that there was a lack of water vehicles they are only 2 (rubber boat, patrol ship). because the jeep is like the rubber boat and patrol ship is like the tank, but they is not Humvee equivalent, so a thought of something that would be good and it came to me a hover craft; it would be a great water vehicle, it would be fast but not as fast as rubber boat and armored but not as much as the patrol ship. It would have similar stats to the Humvee, they would be around speed: 22(on water), health points: 140, it would wield the same MG as the Humvee (500 rpm). Because Hover crafts are amphibious this would have to be implemented into the hovercraft, they're 2 options it moving slower on land, around the speed: 7-12, or that it could only move on certain surfaces like sand. (Or even both)

After more research I found a few real military hovercrafts that would be similar; The SR.N5 used in viatnam by the US military and Griffon 2000TD hovercraft (still in use today).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:24 am 

Actually its looks amazing even though others might say something lacking in it. And I really appreciate on this kind of map. Wish everyone appreciate also jut like me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:40 pm 

stonerichard wrote:
Actually its looks amazing even though others might say something lacking in it. And I really appreciate on this kind of map. Wish everyone appreciate also jut like me.
No, believe me. I and all other players that voted and participated in this topic all appreciate the game. Hell, some even love it(Like me :D ). It just can get a little stale, hence the reason mods are made. The other reason I posted this was because this is just a "suggestion". If the devs begin to run dry on ideas and want some feedback from the playerbase then here this topic lays, surrounded by tens of hundreds more.