It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 40 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 18

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rankings & Difficulty
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 pm 

I do hope the current system of rankings is scrapped once the pre-alpha presentation is over with. I think it's better that people be forced to rank up if they want to lead others. Game length I would imagine would be increased, as it's quicker for me to just lead people to fights than waiting for them to erupt and your teammates to advance. That being said though, I don't think the timing on those latter events need to be changed, I felt their pacing was actually just right.

I also hope the difficulty will get racked up. If the game philosophy is one persistent war - then the less territory you have the weaker the enemy gets, and the more territory you get the stronger the enemy gets - then that's one possible though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:14 pm 

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the ranking system. You already have to rank up before you can lead others. Nobody will follow you as a private.

As for the difficulty, I'm thinking that every side should have a set amount of soldiers on the field at any given time... let's say 100 just to get a number out. If each side has 100 soldiers out at a time, that means that if there's 10 capture points and each team holds five, each point has 20 soldiers on it, assuming absolutely nobody is attacking anything and you have the same amount of people guarding the frontlines as they do guarding the territories behind their lines.. Then let's say you have fought the enemy back to the last objective. You'd have your army fighting against 100 enemies on the cap since it's essentially their Alamo/last stand. That would be one way to increase difficulty as you win territories, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 pm 

OzyThesage wrote:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the ranking system. You already have to rank up before you can lead others. Nobody will follow you as a private.

As for the difficulty, I'm thinking that every side should have a set amount of soldiers on the field at any given time... let's say 100 just to get a number out. If each side has 100 soldiers out at a time, that means that if there's 10 capture points and each team holds five, each point has 20 soldiers on it, assuming absolutely nobody is attacking anything and you have the same amount of people guarding the frontlines as they do guarding the territories behind their lines.. Then let's say you have fought the enemy back to the last objective. You'd have your army fighting against 100 enemies on the cap since it's essentially their Alamo/last stand. That would be one way to increase difficulty as you win territories, at least.

Dudunddunnnn, I'm lovin' this!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm 

OzyThesage wrote:

I thought about suggesting that, but was too lazy to suggest it.

Perfect idea FOR. THE. WIN.

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

OzyThesage wrote:

This is definitely something worth to try how it plays out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 pm 

pasik wrote:
OzyThesage wrote:

How about making it adjustable, with an options slider?

:D

Proud to be a RwR forum moderator!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 pm 

Rendered wrote:
pasik wrote:
OzyThesage wrote:

How about making it adjustable, with an options slider?

:D

Well, actually, maybe it'd be incorporated with the difficulty suggestion.

You know, Easy means that there'd be 70 enemies at the end, Medium 85, Hard 100. That way, as the game progresses, it gets harder, but the difficulty "slope" is easier on Easy.