It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 46 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 93

All times are UTC

Post subject: soldier idea: drones
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:39 am 

Ok this is the most complex idea I have come up with but it is possible and with some help I can get this done.

drone would be combat quadcopter armed with their factions suppressed SMG. these special AI soldiers would be deployed by the players via a special item called a drone case. when deployed they will act like an AI soldier but unlike an AI soldier they will follow the first player they "see" and always do so.

ok files

drone concept mode: http://www.mediafire.com/view/4nzd7yc8v ... _drone.xml
laptop deploy model: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1huhdf76m ... laptop.xml

image concept (from google):Image

how the AI would work.

first of the player would buy a laptop from an armory for 60 RP this would take their secondary gear slot and can be deployed at any time.

upon deploying the laptop it will spawn a single drone which will follow the closest player to it when deployed. (I know this can be done... did it some how with EOD armor testing can't figure out how again).

the drone its self would be armed with a special vest called drone armor. this gives it two projectile shots protection imunity to explosives, stun and knife (as it is flying). the drone also has the factions SMG equiped. this vest would also have a -75% detection range for the drone.

how the drone work: in combat you can order this stealth "soldier" to locations allowing it to quickly dispatch enemies.

drone stats
vest protection: 2 bullets, infinite explosives, knifes, stun.
detection range: -50% or 75% (so the AI can "Stealth")
accuracy: +100%

what I can do for this concept: well the vest, AI and models for it... hell got the vest and model already done.
what I can not do: figure out how to spawn a soldier from a deploy, figure out how to animate it. (this thing needs custom movement animations that basicly negate standard ones... and a custom weapon use animation set so it looks like the following images all the time (aka weapon doesn't sway when drone moves... in other words the shooting aim animation all the time.)

in game concept images.

Post subject: Re: soldier idea: drones
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:33 pm 

I like the idea! Maybe you should make it so the drone could fly high up into the air (but it will be much more easily noticed by the AI). Also if we could strap some c4 on it so we could take down objs much more easily!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:18 am 

UPDATE ON DRONES

(image goes here)

Good news and bad news.

first good news, drones may be happening me and the_soldier have been working hard on them in fact they are mostly done and we think jackmayol likes them.

now for the bad news.

they are a long ass way off there is several problems which need to be addressed before they are added.

1. need to hover over one story buildings, water, and low obsticles, this is currently impossible to make.

2. need to be able to move under them.

3. they currently bleed, this needs to be replaced with an oil texture or removed for htem (no clue how or if possible.)

4. need their own "squad connection" so you can have 2 in your squad+ your ten soldiers (idea is that you would be able to use windows key comands to order them.) [this idea will likely be scrapped]

now that that is done... lets give some news on the drone proposed to jackmayol.

combat drone: weapon
slot: grenade
carry limit: 3+3 pack (are weighted so heavy slow down if more then 3 in backpack)
does: deploys one[1] combat drone soldier to patrol area.

combat drone: soldier
life: grade 1 armor (takes 2 shots)
weapons:
drone mg: 100 round 9mm smg, equipped with a suppressor. (1.0 commonness for drones no player use)
swarm launcher: 4 round grenade launcher, slow reload (concept not made, 0.05 commonness for drones)

secondaries
NA: drones are not equiped to use AT weapon or any other side equipment

grenades
drone grenade: a lighter smaller impact grenade lower blast range but can hold more. (can not be used by player factions)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:19 pm 

amazing!

Carbide 500R White Edition | P5QL-PRO P43/ICH10 | Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.73 Ghz | CNPS 9900 MAX Blue | XMS2 DHX 4x2 Gb @ 826 Mhz | GeForce GTX 750 TI @ 1420 Mhz 2 Gb GDDR5 @ 6300 Mhz | GameSurround Muse 5.1 | Caviar Black 2 Tb 7200 RPM

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm 

Looks very nice, what project/mod is this for?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 am 

none, this is just a long dead project. their are some parts flung across the RWR comunity but the idea is nearly impossible in RWRs engine.