It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:03 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 49 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 104

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:50 am 

ok this is a unlikely suggestion but how about giving an alt fire ability to some weapons, this would be key toggle and depending on the weapon would have varying effects. The default key for this would be E or something.

Anyway effect ideas.

m16, g36, famas, and l85A2
burst/ auto switch
info: these 4 weapons would have the ability to swap between burst and automatic fire. burst fire mode fires 3 rounds at once and is more accurate, while automatic mode fires normally but is less acurate. the famas and L85a2 start in burst fire.

ak47 and AA-12
automatic/ semi auto switch
info: can switch between automatic fire mod and semi auto, in semi auto are a lot more accurate with the ak-47 being almost sniper accurate, and the aa-12 having a much tighter grouping, though semi auto lowers the fire rate by a lot with a max of 1 round per second.

CUSTOM ideas

scar-h /w masterkey
info: a 30 round AR with an alt fire mode that is a 2 shot shotgun.
note: the shotgun is much weaker then a standard shotgun, but this is purely cause with it a person could hold 3 types of guns.

oicw
info: a 30 round SMG with an alt fire 5 round air burst grenade launcher
note: the air burst grenade launcher does almost 0 damage to buildings and only has a blast range of 3.5.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:59 am 

Interesting idea, but i disagree with it, particularly the custom ideas. Kinda removes the need (or desire) for niche weapons commonly found in team-work oriented squads.

If semi-burst-auto should became a feature, it should solely affect the rate of fire and nothing else. This would help newer players control their fire. This selector could mapped to a key like X. But also that way it retains the slight advantage given by true 3 round burst weaponry like the famas.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 am 

I like this idea, but I don't really think it would fit for vanilla
It would be awesome for modding purposes though.
Maybe on the technical side it could be done by referencing a "sub-weapon" in the weapon file, and what the switch would do is simply switch out the weapon entirely. And if you had more than one sub-weapon the key could cycle trough them.

Btw, the G36 and L85A2 don't really have burst modes. The L85A2 already has one ingame, but why would you add it for the G36?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:04 am 

Burst fire is something i don't understand why we don't have. Many of these guns have this capability in real life. Would give an option between single fire and fully auto.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:20 am 

I think it would be cool if we had alternate fire modes for more weapons than assault rifles and submachine guns.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am 

I have alternative firemodes in my index finger... It has single, burst and full auto.