It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 102

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beep Beep
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:27 am 

I hate it when the AI runs in front of my tank and I get a penalty for it. This happens enough times that it gets annoying. Can we make a horn for the vehicles in the game. This would be used by both AI and players so that when the horn is used the AI makes it their priority to move out of the way of the vehicle.

Post subject: Re: Beep Beep
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 am 

I also don't like their silly running, just in front of the vehicles. :x
I think it happens, because the game just rendering out of your screen, so if you enter in the area, there immediately starts some activity. Far as I remember yhis has been changed a few versions ago, so as to reduce the PC's resources usage. Not sure 100%, but it's the most likely reason.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:37 am 
Site Admin

DIO wrote:
I think it happens, because the game just rendering out of your screen, so if you enter in the area, there immediately starts some activity. Far as I remember yhis has been changed a few versions ago, so as to reduce the PC's resources usage. Not sure 100%, but it's the most likely reason.

There's real activity in there in certain range; basically 5x5 map blocks around your location is active, elsewhere movement and events are simulated to free some resources, yup.

The reason the bots run in front of moving vehicles is that they don't have the tech in them that would be able to tell where to move to avoid a collision happening in the future. The AI drivers do attempt to avoid collisions with friendlies, but often detect the situation all too late for effective braking, causing the braking + shouting + driving over anyway. The only real thing missing is the "oops" comment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:04 am 

I'd like to bump this to put my support on this suggestion; a horn for vehicles would be a nice thing to have. It'd be especially useful in multiplayer to alert other players to something, like a tank without a gunner.

I'M COOKIN' WITH GAS! I've got a handful of vertebrae and a headful of mad! Yeah! That's your spinal cord, baby! Dig it! Who's the man? I'm the man! I'm a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I'm a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 pm 

So we have a Horn now, and it's VERY helpful, especially in the midst of chaotic multiplayer battles.

One extremely important use of the horn is informing other players that your Enemy Faction's Vehicle is STOLEN and not to barrage the crap out of it. I have watch this alone get a cargo Truck or two out of heavy combat safely.

That said and with the introduction of the Wrench: May we please have a Horn for Heavy Armored Vehicles?

It would help SO much to be able to identify yourself as friendly, provide warning when you have to move in a crowd, or to let people know You're player driven when we're all loading up.

The horn is the most efficient, natural way to signal quickly to other players. It's time the Big Stuff has it too.
Thanks.