It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:38 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 52

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:27 pm 

For some time, I'm thinking that the game needs another suppressed rare weapon, more likely some assault rifle except the currently existing VSS. At the moment among all rare weapons(which are 13 in total+1 pistol), in game has 4 assault rifles and shotguns, 2 snipers and grenade launchers, but only VSS is silenced.
What do you guys think about that?

EDIT
:oops: an oversight on my part. Thrillseeker has already suggested something similar, but anyway there is no response from the devs.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 pm 

Thing is stealth needs more things, but weapons not so much.

Keep in mind the VSS is basically an AR pretending to be a sniper.

I have personally been looking through weapons for stealth and well, besides adding a suppressed shotgun there isn't much left for it weapons wise, any new AR's would feel to much like the SMG's, the snipers would feel to much like a VSS if used right, and well the VSS is basically an AR/sniper combo.

Not much room for suppressed weapons sad to say. I could make a suppressed shotgun, but that would likely be a redundant weapon, as pistols are the go to close range suppressed weapon.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 am 

Yep, warbrand, I am agree with you. I was also looking for some alternative solution, like some of these:
- AK-9(best possible choice imo)
Spoiler:
- SR-3 Vikhr(Whirlwind)
Spoiler:
- OTs-14 Groza(Thunderstorm)
Spoiler:
and perhaps:
- Colt M4A1 SOPMOD or Heckler & Koch HK416(as commonly used assault rifles with integrated sound suppressor)

But snyway, let's see the devs opinion. ;)

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:53 am 

Actually i made a few options already, only problem is my PC died and there was no way to test/balance properly or make UI images yet. And then there's the fact one of them is a bit redundant really.

AAC Honeybadger - stats-wise think something slightly worse than AKSU and with a smaller mag.

Spoiler:

KAC SR-25 - think VSS except semi-auto only, slower firing and with heavier recoil but with more effective range and slightly smaller crosshair to focus it more as a silent sniper as opposed to half-AR-half-SR.

Spoiler:

AW Covert - bolt action sniper that would reload like shotguns do (one at a time). Stats wise similar to M24 but with lower chance to kill, a bit less range and a smaller mag.

Spoiler:

... and theres more but they're not suppressed.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:22 am 

Ok I have started working on some concept files for a rare AR.

Not going to spoil the weapon, but the current rare AR I am working on is laser aim assisted and suppressed meaning it is more accurate then a normal AR.

(the L.A.M is cosmetic, if I could make a red dot appear where you are aiming I would, but I can't and we already have that)

I have a question now..

Should I try to make a pure stealth sniper in the form of a tranquilizer rifle, out side of stealth this thing would have a kill chance of 0.1 but in stealth that 100% kill chance makes it a good weapon. the idea is simple the tranquilizer rifle would be a one shot weapon but quick to reload and aim, it would also be unlock though would also have a weak scope compared to other snipers (about 1.4 zoom)

model to be used. (url cause big ass image)
http://vw.animalhandling.co.za/kcfinder/images/RD706%20%20Remote%20Injection%20Gun.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:42 pm 

warbrand2 wrote:
Should I try to make a pure stealth sniper in the form of a tranquilizer rifle, out side of stealth this thing would have a kill chance of 0.1 but in stealth that 100% kill chance makes it a good weapon. the idea is simple the tranquilizer rifle would be a one shot weapon but quick to reload and aim, it would also be unlock though would also have a weak scope compared to other snipers.
Well, I am thinking more about something like MP5/Scorpion, but more powerful than them, so that's mean a wep close to AR rather than sniper.
Anyway, there is little point to discuss such weapons without any opinion by the devs, which obviously missing. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:14 am 

Ok, do to how the suppressed weapons work and how the VSS is a multi role weapon. I have some sad news, there will be no chance of any new suppressed AR weapons or the like. even the one shot one I suggested has no chance.

I will try something out of the box with a suppressed shotgun but that will likely be a skirmish only mod sorry.