It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 100

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 am 

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, i've skimmed the forums but haven't read everything there is.

Anyway, what i was thinking is it would be great if there was a more noticeable marker for downed players. Maybe a white halo with a cross underneath them bigger than the usual ring and a little marker on the edge of the screen if they're off-screen (but this would have limited range so it wouldn't show downed people half a map away), similar to how players that are off-screen are shown.

It occured to me that more often than not, it's not the lack of will or even lack of medpacks that stops people helping others, its just that they don't know You're there when they're in combat and there are explosions and gunfire. Plenty of times i've spotted someone downed fairly close to me and before i could swap my shield for my medkit and go help they already bled out, suggesting they've been there quite a while.

Just a thought, what do You guys think ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:17 am 

Thrillseeker wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, i've skimmed the forums but haven't read everything there is.

Anyway, what i was thinking is it would be great if there was a more noticeable marker for downed players. Maybe a white halo with a cross underneath them bigger than the usual ring and a little marker on the edge of the screen if they're off-screen (but this would have limited range so it wouldn't show downed people half a map away), similar to how players that are off-screen are shown.

It occured to me that more often than not, it's not the lack of will or even lack of medpacks that stops people helping others, its just that they don't know You're there when they're in combat and there are explosions and gunfire. Plenty of times i've spotted someone downed fairly close to me and before i could swap my shield for my medkit and go help they already bled out, suggesting they've been there quite a while.

Just a thought, what do You guys think ?

I like this idea, would be super helpful and add to the element cooperative gameplay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:27 am 

perhaps a tiny little countdown timer aswell (akin to that of Battlefield). The timer only appears when you have the medikit equipped. That way you can make a choice whether it's worth the risk to save them or not.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 am 

I actually prefer it the way it is. I mean they can call out for a medic and crawl into cover, I think thats all we really need. I grab a med-pack whenever I see a downed player and revive them. The only change about it I would like is my squad mates reviving other players or being able to order my medic to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 am 

Your bot medic will automatically go heal someone if they're in the radius. The little problem i'm having is that if someone is slightly off screen or aiming away from You - they simply don't notice You're there. I had to resort to making a hotkey for global chat medic call, and even that doesn't always help.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:53 pm 

I'd say it's fine. RWR errs on the side of realism in the fact that this is war, son, and you have to watch out for one another. Seeing flashing lights and junk doesn't mesh with the feel of the game.

People will notice you just fine with the medic shout-out, they just aren't necessarily able to get to you all the time.