It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 110

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:36 am 

Wasn't quite sure what to call this one, but hopefully this does justice.

We've all had it happen. "Damnit, there's totally enough room here why can't I get it to place!"

I noticed that if you cannot place cover, your soldier will move a little bit and try and find a way that it can be placed. This is a wonderful feature and is super helpful at times, though another idea I had was simple. What if there was a green highlighted area where the sandbag you're placing would be? It would allow people to better place their sandbags in much more neat and effective fashions.

Image Image

Above is my proposition for a fix. Essentially, render the area the sandbag will be placed with some form of visual cue that shows the exact placement of the sandbag. Perhaps it could be red if it can't be placed in that location. This would allow people to tightly knit their sandbags together and plan more effective foxholes and the like.

I apologize for the poor quality of the image, it was a rushed product in photoshop that I threw together in a few minutes to illustrate my idea.

Any feedback is appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you all on the frontlines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:53 am 

This would be very useful.
I suggested this earlier somewhere but i was told they are easy enough to plant.

Its stupid that the sandbag does not plant where it looks like it going to plant.
You see the deploy and the guy working with it, but actually it plants "somewhere" in front of that icon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 pm 

Street Veteran wrote:
This would be very useful.
I suggested this earlier somewhere but i was told they are easy enough to plant.

Its stupid that the sandbag does not plant where it looks like it going to plant.
You see the deploy and the guy working with it, but actually it plants "somewhere" in front of that icon.

Indeed. That's why I decided to bring this up. Yes, they are easy to plant - but it doesn't always work in your favour.

It's just one of the little things that makes the game feel a lot smoother.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 am 

AntiAce wrote:
Indeed. That's why I decided to bring this up. Yes, they are easy to plant - but it doesn't always work in your favour.

I second this motion.

I'm spoiled by Company of Heroes' drag and drop kind of sandbags.

Wald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:22 pm 

Walderschmidt wrote:
AntiAce wrote:

I second this motion.

I'm spoiled by Company of Heroes' drag and drop kind of sandbags.

Wald

Same T_T

"Who needs engineers when you have strong Soviet backs!"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:10 pm 

AntiAce wrote:
Same T_T

"Who needs engineers when you have strong Soviet backs!"

I loved the Company of Heroe's unit quotes: Axis

1) Volksgrenadier: "If I knew how much walking ve'd do, I'd have joined the navy."

2) Grenadiers getting into a halftrack:

"Ach! What's that smell?"

"It smells like Volksgrenadiers in here."

3) US Engineers: "Join the army they said. It will be 'fun' they said."

4) When ordering a German sniper (deadpan) to attack armor: "Jawohl...attacking their armor...with my rifle."

5) Ordering a Pak 40 crew to move may have its squad leader yell out:
"We ate the horse, remember? Get pulling!"

Wald

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:38 am 

definately would be useful. I mean trying to set up on buildings to make choke points only to have the sandbag blow up (don't know why but they do) or fall off for some reason. also helpful in setting up lines to defend hotly contested objectives.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:21 pm 

AntiAce wrote:
Wasn't quite sure what to call this one, but hopefully this does justice.

We've all had it happen. "Damnit, there's totally enough room here why can't I get it to place!"

I noticed that if you cannot place cover, your soldier will move a little bit and try and find a way that it can be placed. This is a wonderful feature and is super helpful at times, though another idea I had was simple. What if there was a green highlighted area where the sandbag you're placing would be? It would allow people to better place their sandbags in much more neat and effective fashions.

Image Image

Above is my proposition for a fix. Essentially, render the area the sandbag will be placed with some form of visual cue that shows the exact placement of the sandbag. Perhaps it could be red if it can't be placed in that location. This would allow people to tightly knit their sandbags together and plan more effective foxholes and the like.

I apologize for the poor quality of the image, it was a rushed product in photoshop that I threw together in a few minutes to illustrate my idea.

Any feedback is appreciated, and I look forward to seeing you all on the frontlines.
Devs, on your attention. I hope you'll implement something like this, sooner or later. Probably most of the players will approve it as we really need such hint.

I work quickly, cheaply and qualitatively. You can choose only two of the three options.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 pm 

This would be great, I have died many times from falling sand bags. Also very useful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm 

DIO wrote:
Devs, on your attention. I hope you'll implement something like this, sooner or later. Probably most of the players will approve it as we really need such hint.

Honestly, I'd like to see more in the way of hints in general. Stuff like tooltips would be great for new players and modders alike.