It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:09 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 47 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 39

All times are UTC

Post subject: HUD suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:17 pm 

Hey, since some more weapons have been introduced in the last alphas and the beta: It's pretty hard to see which weapon you're carrying since there's no HUD indicator, and you can hardly differentiate the weapons by the graphics alone. I can't see clearly whether I've picked up a weapon when I try to get some weapon laying around on the battlefield. You should introduce some HUD indicators for ammo and weapon that's currently carried.

Post subject: Re: HUD suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:28 am 
Site Admin

I agree, it's clearly not enough that the weapon type is shown as text when you point to a soldier with the mouse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:42 pm 

Yeah, and it's more important to see what weapon you and your teammates are carrying. Maybe you should restrict this info about the weapons (when you point at a soldier) to the friendly soldiers (would fit in with the line of sight-mechanisms) and additionally add a weapon indicator to the HUD. I think it's difficult to make the weapons clearly visible on the soldiers themselves given the little sizes of the soldiers, so you have to use other means.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:48 pm 

spillblood wrote:
Yeah, and it's more important to see what weapon you and your teammates are carrying. Maybe you should restrict this info about the weapons (when you point at a soldier) to the friendly soldiers (would fit in with the line of sight-mechanisms) and additionally add a weapon indicator to the HUD. I think it's difficult to make the weapons clearly visible on the soldiers themselves given the little sizes of the soldiers, so you have to use other means.

That's the way it's currently set up guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:41 pm 

Haha you're right it needs a weapon HUD, i made this with photoshop :

and yes i borrowed pasik's screenshot because i cant get any screenies because they turn black

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Looks great! That's exactly what I had in mind too.

About taking screenshots, the shots are not stored in clipboard if you are playing fullscreen. You can find the screenshots stored as png-files at "C:\Users\All Users\Running with rifles" in Windows 7 and Vista, there's a similar place for Windows XP too but I can't remember the exact location off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:59 pm 

Yeah looks good! This would give you more info about the ammo your weapon has left and about which one you're carrying without having to hover your mouse over your own soldier and risk getting shot. It would need only one ammo count for the bullets in the magazine, 'cause magazines per weapons are endless (aren't they?). You could also use symbols instead of numbers for this (like bullets, disappearing when you shoot).