It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:21 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 41 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 53

All times are UTC

Post subject: "End Game"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:10 pm 

Lets compile a list of things that would be good when the game ends. Just post your ideas, and I will add them to this master list.

- Surrender Animation
- GAME OVER text
- Post Game Stats (kills, deaths, final rank, KD ratio, highest rank killed)
- Victory music
- Next Level (map) (campaign mode?)
- Enemies re-appear and parachute in (survival mode?)

Last edited by Oli The G on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: "End Game"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

One recent suggestion was to add an option for an infinite end game, that if you win, the enemies would come with e.g. parachutes and try to reoccupy the bases, and the same thing if you lose, you would arrive somewhere as an airborne soldier with a bunch of teams.

When the end game isn't infinite though, I'd say the game ends by the winning nation rejoicing, some new soldier animations for this would be needed, some of them would fire bullets in the air, I can think of all sorts of goofy things they might do, and some kind of victory celebration shouting would be required. A radio message would state the fact that our nation has won/lost, perhaps thanking/bashing. I'd also like that at least the theme music would start playing (when there's one) if you won. After some small time, the menu should popup automatically if the player doesn't realize to press anything.

In the future, when there are stats, the stats can also be seen by pressing a button or accessing the menu.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:33 pm 

For an infinite game you could have the winning team split in half and the bases could split down the middle. Suddenly a massive clusterfuck would appear as you try to form a cohesive frontline. Explosions for all! The losing team join in after 2 minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:28 pm 

i have a question, can you recapture the base when it says that your team lost, but u still alive, i mean in the end, there is a message ".....what an epic fail..." something like this, but im still alive, and i keep killing everyone but cannot recapture the base, is this possible, has anyone tried?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm 

It was a while ago, but I'm pretty sure I've captured the final base once, but then it was recaptured by the enemy...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 am 

theonesun wrote:
i have a question, can you recapture the base when it says that your team lost, but u still alive, i mean in the end, there is a message ".....what an epic fail..." something like this, but im still alive, and i keep killing everyone but cannot recapture the base, is this possible, has anyone tried?

I have tried and I have suceded, however I wasn't able to hold the base long enough to have other soldiers respawn there(though i'm not sure if they actually do after you lose)

Look behind you. What I'm not there? I see... then look forward. Still not there? ...On the sides? Up and down? ...Where the heck am I? ... Oh wait! Yeah! I'm the one that's trying to find me ._. That's rather silly isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:04 pm 

If you cap all the points you get a Win message and it just keeps playing but with no enemies (after they're all dead).