It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:11 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 72

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 pm 

I just started playing this, and I couldn't stop thinking how perfect this game would become if in the long run it started getting tanks to turn the tide of battle (or not), artillery, to defend key positions and counter tanks and that would have to be destroyed by using a sniper or a commando team, and spawn trucks (this one is the one I want the most) instead of spawning in certain points, make it so trucks arrive with around 8-12 reinforcement soldiers from positions that are all the way behind to key positions and then leaves to wait up until the next need of reinforcements.

I don't know if the developers would think of this as possible, but I hope it will be, mostly the transport trucks, because too many times I see whole armies waiting it out behind with only 3 or 4 guys slowly moving out where reinforcements are needed, I know they gotta defend those positions, but it's not like it's gonna be taken any time soon if the frontline is in the middle or advancing in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 pm 

Tanks are absolutely necessary!

ATVs to get around faster? (A la BF)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Most of those might come, I've got them on my lists, but I haven't started working with them yet.

I can think that AI driving will be the most problematic thing with jeeps and trucks. Also animating the soldiers jumping in and out from vehicles can take some time, and of course achieving good feel for controlling the vehicles, i.e. physics stuff.

The defending soldiers -problem can be solved with different ways though, e.g. fixing the defence/attack balance, having less defenders in bases farther away from the border, making the defence more active in general instead of camping, etc..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm 

pasik wrote:
Most of those might come, I've got them on my lists, but I haven't started working with them yet.

I can think that AI driving will be the most problematic thing with jeeps and trucks. Also animating the soldiers jumping in and out from vehicles can take some time, and of course achieving good feel for controlling the vehicles, i.e. physics stuff.

The defending soldiers -problem can be solved with different ways though, e.g. fixing the defence/attack balance, having less defenders in bases farther away from the border, making the defence more active in general instead of camping, etc..

Good to see the dev posts a lot in the issues, you can take all the time you want, as long as we get to see it!

Will you also make different kinds of tanks? and will each faction get their own style of tank?, hope you can fix the defending soldiers problem soon too, it would help a lot to give the game a feel that it's really alive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm 

How about mounted machine guns that you can't move and that overheat?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 pm 

MisterTickles wrote:

The AI would have to use a flanking system to get by them, and covering fire from their friends too. Let's see if it goes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:09 am 

MisterTickles wrote:

How would you balance it with the M240?

The only thing I can think of is making it more powerful and more accurate, but does that really make up for the extreme lack in flexibility?