It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 pm

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 64 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 219

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wounded - Suicide Option
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:19 am 

Just a suggestion, mind if there could be a Suicide option for when you're wounded? I find it annoying sometimes when I have a vest and I get wounded, and the AI just doesn't reach me with a medkit. Maybe the knife button would do, you could kill yourself and respawn. Maybe to prevent killstealing in PvP, a kill will go to the guy who put the wounding shot into you if you suicide.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

The Soldier wrote:
Just a suggestion, mind if there could be a Suicide option for when you're wounded? I find it annoying sometimes when I have a vest and I get wounded, and the AI just doesn't reach me with a medkit. Maybe the knife button would do, you could kill yourself and respawn. Maybe to prevent killstealing in PvP, a kill will go to the guy who put the wounding shot into you if you suicide.

Yup, it needs something alright.

Auto-heal after certain time would be another choice, but that's so 2010.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm 

If anything, at least make the AI knife you if you're wounded. :P Might solve our problems in an easier way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

The AI has been made to not shoot you when wounded, to keep the odds up that someone would manage to heal you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 pm 

A player should get a penalty when killing a wounded or a surrending soldier (-XP). I don't like the fact that you get easy killing bonus (stab bonus) when you kill a soldier that can't defend himself (Geneva convention! :p).
I agree sometimes it is annoying to be wounded for so long when you know that a rescue isn't possible anyway. Pressing SPACE could make you die in the next 2-3 seconds. Maybe you'd get a small penalty to "suicide".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 pm 

@pasik
Sorry, not make the AI knife you as soon as you're downed, but if the AI sees no enemies nearby, they'll knife you. So, when the battle is over and there's no friendlies nearby (and hence no rescue), the enemy will put you out of your misery.

@JackMayol
Yea, an XP loss for stabbing a guy in the back when he's surrendering would be a nice gameplay addition. :)

A penalty to the suicide? You're already going to die anyway if you're wounded and have reason to suicide, and on top of that the death XP and RP loss would make even thinking about the Ballistic Vest kind of hard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

hmm there should be something more to make you not want to suicide, when wounded.

the current reason to stay alive wounded is of course that you don't have to respawn potentially far away, and lose your rare equipment in the process, given you've got another player or a bot to revive you and you can crawl to a safe position.

now considering a situation that your medics are dead, you're alone there, what's there to do? ..what if you could use the radio while wounded and call a medic filled rescue squad? the bleeding time could be increased for this, so you'd have more time to crawl around to a good spot for the call.

suicide action could still be there, as a last resort if everything else fails.. it could have some penalty too, to encourage using other alternatives

other alternative could be that as wounded, you can choose to stand up and run with lowered speed, but you drop all your items when you stand and you can't equip any items.. and enemy would fire at you too, maybe even chase you

anyway, i think it needs to be super rare that you find yourself wanting to end being wounded in order to respawn instead, this should be the worse way out in 90% of cases, unless you're doing it wrong

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:05 pm 

pasik wrote:
hmm there should be something more to make you not want to suicide, when wounded.

the current reason to stay alive wounded is of course that you don't have to respawn potentially far away, and lose your rare equipment in the process, given you've got another player or a bot to revive you and you can crawl to a safe position.

now considering a situation that your medics are dead, you're alone there, what's there to do? ..what if you could use the radio while wounded and call a medic filled rescue squad? the bleeding time could be increased for this, so you'd have more time to crawl around to a good spot for the call.

suicide action could still be there, as a last resort if everything else fails.. it could have some penalty too, to encourage using other alternatives

other alternative could be that as wounded, you can choose to stand up and run with lowered speed, but you drop all your items when you stand and you can't equip any items.. and enemy would fire at you too, maybe even chase you

anyway, i think it needs to be super rare that you find yourself wanting to end being wounded in order to respawn instead, this should be the worse way out in 90% of cases, unless you're doing it wrong

Or, maybe if an enemy medic sees that there are no enemies nearby they revive you and take your weapons away, putting you into a Surrendered type state as if they had captured you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 pm 

Well, since you can't call any strikes or calls in with radio when you're down (or even when prone), I don't think you could radio for a medic squad (then again, you can spot enemy vehicles while you're wounded, though not sure if that's a bug). Although being able to tell the AI what to do would be very nice, and could be expanded with modding to things like telling the AI you need an MG or AT-filled squad.

Standing up and running at low speed, but losing all your items? Interesting. But I think you're want for life in this game is going a bit far - you're pretty much meant to die in this game. ;) And besides, as you said that you usually get a vest to help preserve your rare items / weapons. And dropping all those would be rather hypocritical. :P

Well, anyways, guess I could accept a penalty for suiciding. Although if you died due to the timer running out, then you wouldn't get a penalty, correct?

@Logma
Eh, I was thinking about if an enemy medic revived you, you would join their side (but only for that life). Being in a surrendered state would be just as useless, if not more useless, than being wounded. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 am 

The Soldier wrote:
@Logma
Eh, I was thinking about if an enemy medic revived you, you would join their side (but only for that life). Being in a surrendered state would be just as useless, if not more useless, than being wounded. :D

That seems like an interesting idea, as though they were somehow able to "persuade" the soldier to fight for them. Though, I could see some issues with that,
However what I'd like to see though, is Disguises.. lol