It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:32 am

RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 44 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 75

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weapon Sounds
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:44 am 

I've noticed a difference in the sounds that the older weapons make (G36, AK47) compared to the new ones (M16, FAMAS). The older weapon sounds very thin and toyish where the new ones sound more substantial and.. better. Do you plan to replace the old ones or am I the nly one who notices this? I already use the thundershot mod anyways but I notice it when I have to use the stock sounds.

Post subject: Re: Weapon Sounds
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 am 
Site Admin

All the sounds will be re-processed once we're in the polishing stage.

The difficult part with sounds is that they all come from different sources so they all have been recorded with different equipment, using different distances, processed with different kinds and amounts of compressing, limiting, reverberation and what have you. Trying to "undo" that starting from the final sound and get them all to sound similar won't be one day's job.

Talking about M16, it's way too mushy to fit with most other sounds, and the sound makes the weapon seem more powerful that it is. Famas on the other hand sounds fairly wimpy, despite being a newer sound, but it fits better with the weapon stats and among other weapons overall. Rare weapons are, and, will be always more processed than the stock weapons, as they need to have a "feel" of a bit overpoweredness.

Still, the sounds won't be made too overwhelming (like in Thundershot), as it gets tiring pretty fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 am 

Hmm, ive been running thundershot for months now. But I could see how some people could get fatigued over time.

Also, thundershot seems to be disabled for campaign mode, and it also turns off whenever a server changes a map.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Admin

In Invasion it's the campaign script that decides which mods are enabled, set to none basically. You could add the overlays manually to the campaign script to play it with mods, using different ones for each map if that's appropriate. The map_change command can take several <overlay path="x/y/z" /> tags.

Possibly, the campaign menu will extend to allow choosing mods for the campaign, and the script will just direct that data into map_change commands.