RUNNING WITH RIFLES Multiplayer

test

Game servers 50 List provided by EpocDotFr | Players online 156

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:50 pm 

These are just some ideas that would be excellent in the game:

1. Fiery explosions along with the current smoke
2. Enemies can no longer "knife you out of your vehicle."
3. Less encumbrance when carrying weapons in your backpack.
4. Voice commands like "ENEMY BROWNS INCOMING" or "ENEMY TANK INCOMING". You know, like Team Fortress 2's Z,X, and C list commands.
5. When playing with three factions, notifications indicate which faction has captured what. For Example, "Brown has captured Center Trench." I know I can simply pull up the map to see for myself, but it would just be helpful.
6. When starting a new game, you have the option to "Disallow Throwables", or "Disable Explosives" or something along those lines. Because grenades get a little frantic sometimes.
7. Civilians living in certain towns of the Dev's choice.
8. Secret traders/rebels giving supplies to certain teams of their choice. (able to choose how many in "Start New Game")
9. Hazardous random weather changing. (Sandstorms, heavier rain, fog, etc.) Also able to edit chances of weather occurring in "Start New Game."
10. Various pistols as a default secondary or third weapon in your backpack on spawn.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions of mine. The dev might have already thought of some of these, but I just wanted to say these would be great in the game!

Last edited by Braylon123 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:42 pm 

2. Why? Makes sense to me to have it in the game.

6. Wouldn't that make the game incredibly boring? I could understand disabling vehicles, but grenades are a major part of the game.

8. How would this work? If you think it's "much needed" it would need a whole lot better description than that.

10. See the other 9357 threads about sidearms.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 am 

2. You are just going to go up to someone's truck, knife the door, and they're doing to fall out and die? Makes sense.

6. Maybe not completely remove them, maybe lower their frequency.....to where lets bots have them.

8. Oh, I don't know, maybe he could.....make it? Think about it? Like he made the game? Don't forget, that you're in the "Suggestions" section...

10. This is part of my suggestion thread.....if it's already in the forum...oh well, I'm sorry, big deal....get over it....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:32 am 

I'm just sweeping through at 12:00 am so bear with me..

1. Fiery explosions are more of a Hollywood thing than a realistic depiction. Most explosions don't just set things on fire unless they are on gasoline or something actually flammable. If you mean the little grenade explosion particles, you can easily mod them in but right now, i don't think changing them is on anyone's to-do list.

2. A way to "hijack" the vehicle is something essential to the game and while you could possible animate a whole new thing where you grab a guy and pull him out blah blah blah, for now, the knife is the easiest way to have "hijackings".

3. The backpack is not intended for carrying weapons. In fact, weapons were specifically given a high encumbrance value to discourage walking armouries. You need to make a choice in weapons and that choice will stay with you until you make the active decision to pick another weapon. The backpack is for holding things like grenades, collectables, and rare weapons (which have very low encumbrance values).

4. If by voice commands you mean a little text pop up or something like that, sure. But definitely not in any upcoming updates. Right now, actually, if you hover your cursor over an enemy vehicle, you will report its position and it will show up on everyone's map for a while.

5. Valid.

6. Eh? Like VisionHunter said, grenades are a super important part of gameplay. I do understand why you wish to disable it as the AI tend to spam grenades like nobody's business. Perhaps an AI tweaking needs to occur rather than just a straight up no grenade fight.

7. Sry but what? not sure what you mean. Just like.. movable meatshields?

8. ^??? what?

9. Wouldn't mind seeing more weather effects but from what I know, rain and snow is going to be about it. Maybe in post 1.0 patches or something. As for weather effects, wayyyy past 1.0 if at all.

10. Discussed in many of the "classes" threads. With unlimited ammo in rwr, there is very little need to use a pistol. Not having a pistol also forces players to tactically choose when to reload rather than just spamming it like in many games.

Hope this helps.

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 am 

First of all, I'd like to thank you for not flaming right off the back like Vision.

1. I'm not talking about replacing every hand grenade with a tactical nuke, I mean just a little orange and red or something...just a small more realistic looking explosion, but like I said, these are just suggestions, I want these guys to take their time.

2. I mean I want to be able to hijack trucks and all that, but I just didn't think it was right to just knife someone out of the car...I mean that just doesn't seem right. I'm patient enough to see if he changes this, I'm not going to rage about it, though.

3. I realize he specifically mentioned this about the "walking armies", but I mean you should at least be able to carry ONE rifle or submachine gun in your backpack. No Light Machine Guns, though, that's understandable, but a single MP5 isn't going to add ninety pounds to your character. Again, I'm not encouraging walking armories.

4. Yea, I know that he recently added the "mouse over" thing, but I mean if your doing something else while a tank or a jeep full of guys is flying towards you, you should just be able to yell out "INCOMING TANK", or something like that. I don't know, just for fun, I guess.

6. Yea, I said you should at LEAST be able to decrease the amount of bots with grenades, bot fully remove them, because I take that back.

7. I mean just to have them walking around town, not to just slaughter, but a few civvies here and there.

8. Again, don't forget what section of the forum you're in. No one ever said suggestions had to be within reachable distance, lol.

9. Alright, that's fine. :P

10. Alright, yea I guess that makes sense.

Thanks for replying! :P

-Braylon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:17 pm 

Knifing people out of their vehicles is something of a badge of shame right now and it's quite hilarious to have been knifed out of your all powerful tank haha. It's more for the funnies than anything else.

I also made the argument your making about the backpack to pasik before and he seemed to be pretty adamant about not allowing multiple primary weapons. I also brought up the point about having realistic weight in the past (mp5 would have like a weight of 5 or something, G36 a weight of 8, M24 a weight of 11... something like that) but I don't think it's going to be like this. Luckily, in the future and actually NOW, you should be able to mod it in yourself and release a "realism" mod or something?

About the voice commands, I agree. Something out of KAG would work fine. Only problem I can see is text blocking everyone's view.

I just don't really understand your trader/spy thing. I have no idea what's going on. You'll have to elaborate more.

ComJak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 pm 

I would like the idea of the weight system you mentioned. seems like it would probably fit the game well. About the knifing thing, I mean I guess I'm ok with it in there as a placeholder for things to come. :P the trader thing.....lol I'm really not sure I just figured it wouldn't get as much of a "what is he talking about" response, haha, but it just seemed like a decent idea considering the fact that there are types of illegal traders in Afghanistan. I mean I know the idea could work, somehow, but the devs would just have to think about it.

Braylon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm 

Braylon123 wrote:
These are just some ideas that would be excellent in the game:

1. Fiery explosions along with the current smoke
2. Enemies can no longer "knife you out of your vehicle."
3. Less encumbrance when carrying weapons in your backpack.
4. Voice commands like "ENEMY BROWNS INCOMING" or "ENEMY TANK INCOMING". You know, like Team Fortress 2's Z,X, and C list commands.
5. When playing with three factions, notifications indicate which faction has captured what. For Example, "Brown has captured Center Trench." I know I can simply pull up the map to see for myself, but it would just be helpful.
6. When starting a new game, you have the option to "Disallow Throwables", or "Disable Explosives" or something along those lines. Because grenades get a little frantic sometimes.
7. Civilians living in certain towns of the Dev's choice.
8. Secret traders/rebels giving supplies to certain teams of their choice. (able to choose how many in "Start New Game")
9. Hazardous random weather changing. (Sandstorms, heavier rain, fog, etc.) Also able to edit chances of weather occurring in "Start New Game."
10. Various pistols as a default secondary or third weapon in your backpack on spawn.

Anyway, those are just some suggestions of mine. The dev might have already thought of some of these, but I just wanted to say these would be great in the game!

1. Moddable
3. Easily moddable
6. Easily moddable
10. Difficult, but moddable

I'll make overlays for all of those if for 10 quid. Hell, I'll even do it for free. You'll get what you pay for, though. I can't guarantee I won't get bored and stop making them.

[0.92] Worldwar v2

Post subject: Yes to weather!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:08 pm 

I vouch for a dynamic weather system; it'll look really awesome and realistic by implementing different kinds of weather.
Like heavy downpour resulting in movement speed reduction, windy days, moon-less midnights requiring flashlights, lamp posts and lights for visibility, and fog & mist resulting in reduced visibility.
Also give weather forecasts, that would be helpful too!
Last but not the least, each map should have a different weather characteristic.

Hope these helps!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 pm 

This thread is almost 2 years old, so chances of people reading it now are slim. You're better off creating a new thread I think.